315 drag radial on a 9" rim? Is it possible?

Tequila612

Established Member
I read somewhere, that it is possible that you can put a 315 (Nitto I think) on a 17x9 rim?

I was wondering if it is possible to put a 315 D/R on my 17x9 Ford Original 1995 Cobra R's?

Also, can I run them under the rear end of my car without any problems or mods having to be mad?

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Nitto 315's will fit fine on the 95 Cobra R wheels, you shouldn't run into any clearence issues with them either on the 17x9" wheel. Hope that helps. :beer:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
I don't think you'll be able to do it. Maybe on a 9.5" wheel and even then they would buldge out a bunch. I've got 10.5" AFS Cobra 'R' replica wheels out back with Nitto 555R DR's and they fit great. I'd just buy the 10.5" wheels if you want to go with something that big.

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTVenom
I don't think you'll be able to do it. Maybe on a 9.5" wheel and even then they would buldge out a bunch. I've got 10.5" AFS Cobra 'R' replica wheels out back with Nitto 555R DR's and they fit great. I'd just buy the 10.5" wheels if you want to go with something that big.

See that is what I have read before, but lately I have been reading everywhere that is fits perfect, and you only have a VERY slight bulge?

A good friend of mine used to work at Discount Tire in Houston and he told me that he put atleast 1 set of 315 Nittos on 17x9 rims a month. He said it woudl work fine.

:shrug:

I have also heard that the nittos run pretty narrow, so I will actually be running like a 295, that is why they fit right.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
yah they fix, they are much much narrower then the BFG's, they will stick out alittle bit but nothin to worry bout.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
Nitto 315's will fit fine on the 95 Cobra R wheels, you shouldn't run into any clearence issues with them either on the 17x9" wheel. Hope that helps. :beer:

Tequila612

Established Member
Sweet!

I will be picking up a set soon.

I have been just looking around to get an idea on prices and I have found them for $195 for 1. How does that sound?

I help run a small business with two friends and we can get deals on ALOT of parts, but our main guys are Titan and MVP Motorsports. (We work on alot of Supras) and im not sure if they will have them or not. Im about to check.

Anyone know where I can get them for cheaper than $195 though?

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by GotGrunt
click :thumbsup:

Me and three friends hae a little shop type deal and we have a tax ID number and one of the places we get HUGE discounts from is Discount Tire.

I got a awesome deal on these tires. WAY below $180 a pop. Thanks though/

Users who are viewing this thread