315, 325 wide tires guys come in.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
debating on widenening my brembos to 11" and slappin a 325 on the back. however, i don't want them to poke and i cannot find any legit info on what size the offset is on them and what size spacer would be needed to make them flush and not poke. i read the offset is 42mm, but not sure what offset id need to be flush on an 11" wheel.

any info? whats the widest tire someone is running on these cars? anyone ever attempted to fit a 335 or 345, regardless of wheel size? my sway bar is already relocated from running 15x10s.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Where are you getting the wheels widened at? I cannot find a place within 500 miles that does it anymore. :shrug:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The Brembo wheels are +42 offset. I've been wanting to do the exact thing you are, but I think the max we could go and still fit the wheel would be 10.5", and even then you'd have to figure out a way to change the offset to suck the wheel in a little tighter.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
i guess what offset would you need if you went 10.5 and what offset would you need if you went 11? widening the wheel doesnt change the offset bc it widens to the inside. i guess, my question is whats the largest spacer you could put on a brembo wheel without making it poke? i may have to play with some washers and find out. i know if you take the shock boot off the rear shocks it gives u a bit more room to work with. my goal is essentially 19x11 and 325/30. im confident you can atleast widen to a 10 without issues rubbing on the inside, how much more im not sure. i can compensate some with a spacer, which im fine with, but i dont want the wheel to poke whatsoever.

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
If you want 315 or 325, they will poke, there's no way around it. I run 315's on the rear of mine, lowered on KW V3 Coilovers. I run a 20x11 ET55 which is a perfect offset for the car, but the problem with 315's is that for lowered cars, it looks poked out. I rub on the inside of the tire to the inside fenderwell, and I also rub on the outside fender with the outside part of the tire. It's clearly too large and the only tire I would recommend on a stock bodied Mustang of this year would be a 305 at the most if you want it tucked inside the fender.

325's are out of the question entirely since 315's don't tuck in the fender.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
If you want 315 or 325, they will poke, there's no way around it. I run 315's on the rear of mine, lowered on KW V3 Coilovers. I run a 20x11 ET55 which is a perfect offset for the car, but the problem with 315's is that for lowered cars, it looks poked out. I rub on the inside of the tire to the inside fenderwell, and I also rub on the outside fender with the outside part of the tire. It's clearly too large and the only tire I would recommend on a stock bodied Mustang of this year would be a 305 at the most if you want it tucked inside the fender.

325's are out of the question entirely since 315's don't tuck in the fender.

im talkin wheel offset, not the tire poke two completely different looks.

335/30/18... this looks fine to me, the wheel isn't past the fender (the top of the fender where the arch maxes)
DSC_0073.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

Vert

Established Member
If you sent the wheels to be widened by .5 (10.5), then your offset would be almost +55. You should be able to fit a 305 on that and not need a spacer.

eightballrj

Established Member
Most places seem to charge around $150/wheel to widen them, and those are legit companies that do widening as a business. It's worth a shot, is cheaper than new wheels, and would allow you to retain a sleeper look and fit some good meat back there.

MikeyFitz car...man he went down in flames.

What happened to him? I actually just got my rears in that will closely match his setup. Waiting for the fronts. Installing 305s on the 11" rears tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread