31 spline vs 28 spline

The Good

Established Member
Looking into a 5 lug conversion and whats the difference between a 31 and 28 spline the kit im looking at it is the $399 at 50resto. However i dont want drum brakes. Also has anyone put ABS on their cobra? just looking for some information.....

04yellowcobra

Established Member
If I remember right you have a decent size blower on that car right? How much track time is the car going to see, as in drag strip? I would more than likely do the 31 spline axles just for a little bit more insurance.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
600rwhp? Your going to want the 31 spline unless you just put-put and never have any possibility that you will be stomping it.

gtmustang88

Established Member
Sorry to chime in but what can 28 spline hold up to at the track? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my 28 to 31 or just buy some good axles?

It can be hit or miss with the stock axles with some sticky tires. If you are going to do some drag racing, I would get 31 spline axles. When the 28 spline breaks, sometimes they are extremely difficult to get out when they twist.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
My car had 28 spline Mosers in it when I got it, and when I broke the traction lock at MIR the axles were twisted. I was only pulling low 1.7's on MT DR's at the time too.

Users who are viewing this thread