31 or 33 spline axels

MD03SVT

Established Member
I posted this question on the terminator forum but still no answers.I am building a solid axel for my Cobra & need to chose between 31 spline axels & a eaton posi or 33 spline and a truetrac unit,I plan to upgrade to either a ported eaton or a whipple in the futur.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
For almost any street car, 31s will be plenty. If this is going to be a 9 second or quicker race car, then Id go bigger.

MD03SVT

Established Member
That's funny cuz DTS is telling me that they have it but I can only find a 31 spline truetrac on there site.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
I had a 9 sec 5.0 LX and ran Moser 31 spline axels. I had no problems w/ my axels, but I went thru 4 sets of C-clip eliminators. :shrug:

Last edited:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Jay were you running an automatic? Remember that takes a LOT of shock off the rearend. Unless you were on a transbrake?

JAYMONEY

Established Member
HotRodK said:
Jay were you running an automatic? Remember that takes a LOT of shock off the rearend. Unless you were on a transbrake?
Pwerglide trans. w/transbrake. I was told the c-clip elim. broke from taking sharp turns on the street. oh well :shrug: That didn't stop me from driving it on the street. I guess that's the price you pay to have fun. :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread