31 or 28 spline?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Please be patient with me if this has already been discussed on here, because I did a search and didn't find it....

has anyone heard or read anything about the rear end, or more specifically about the axles of the GT500, as to whether these cars will be equipped with 28 spline, or the more durable 31 spline design? It seems to me that if SVT is really paying attention to details, that they will include the 31 spline axles on these cars, and I don't believe that will increase the production costs all that much. However, in all of the articles and specs about these cars that I've sifted through so far, I haven't seen anything mentioned about the axles yet. have I missed something? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. Aren't the 31 spline axle shafts thicker than the standard 28 splined ones?

R1Lello

Established Member
:coolman:

Yes, at minimum 31 spline, the 05 GT has the 31 too and I read somewhere the GT500 will have that and a reinforced differential. yes 31 thicker and stronger than 28

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:coolman:

Yes, at minimum 31 spline, the 05 GT has the 31 too and I read somewhere the GT500 will have that and a reinforced differential. yes 31 thicker and stronger than 28
Oh, I didn't even realize that the 05 Mustang GT has the 31 spline set-up. That makes it obvious then that the GT500 will have atleast a 31 spline set-up also. My bad. Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread