$300k GTR "Nismo" Crashes In Front Of Me At Car Show! Only 300 Made!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I mean...those cars aren't that fast.

It's also HOW these things happen.

Every one of these crashes is a kid leaving the event - turning right or left into traffic - and gunning the throttle AS he turns - thus inducing oversteer - and losing it.

I think for many of these idiots - this is the first time they've ever tried to get on it and do a burn out as well.

Pro Tip -

Turn Into Traffic. Come to complete stop. Initiate burn out, slowly letting off the brake and allowing the car to slowly creep forward.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I mean...those cars aren't that fast.
OK, I can agree with that... BUT..... the old big-block cars could smoke the wheels all day long, usually in all 4 gears. Yes, the older cars would lose to newer cars in 1/4 mile race or in any type of cornering event, but the old cars had crappy bias-ply tires with little traction (as compared to modern tires).

Honestly, I never saw one wreck from someone showing off. And I was in the thick of it in the early 70's, when we had HUNDREDS of these cars showing up at the malls, with EVERYONE showing off. Even with all those rookie drivers, I did not see one go into the weeds, and I happily watched the action all through the 70's, and maybe participated a little bit myself, haha!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OK, I can agree with that... BUT..... the old big-block cars could smoke the wheels all day long, usually in all 4 gears. Yes, the older cars would lose to newer cars in 1/4 mile race or in any type of cornering event, but the old cars had crappy bias-ply tires with little traction (as compared to modern tires).

Honestly, I never saw one wreck from someone showing off. And I was in the thick of it in the early 70's, when we had HUNDREDS of these cars showing up at the malls, with EVERYONE showing off. Even with all those rookie drivers, I did not see one go into the weeds, and I happily watched the action all through the 70's, and maybe participated a little bit myself, haha!

Haha Totally understand.

They were about half the power though. Even with the shit tires, everything just moved slower and was easier to catch. These 600rwhp+ cars can snap pretty quick.

ajaf1656

Established Member
That car looks rapido y furioso. Which autozone sells parts for a 1 of 300 super special car?

Users who are viewing this thread