3000 Stall

WhiteSVT

Established Member
i wanted to get a 3000 stall for mt 03 L and every were i've called, they dont offer a 3000, the highest they go is 2800. is that the magic number for the L or do they just not make one for the L?? if so please help. thanks Mike

FordFanStan

Established Member
The stall speed is never exact in any converter, it will always vary a minute amount. Hence the reason why some companies advertise the stall speed in a range, ie: 26-2800.

Our converters consist of triple billet steel cluthes, billet steel hub, and heavy duty bearings. You can order them in any stall up to 3200~rpm,(custom converters can be order through PI from us if a higher stall speed is needed). Cost is $550 for our converters plus shipping. Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you... Stan

FordFanStan

Established Member
3000 is a tad high for a daily driver with mild power upgrades and rare track use, but we can order whatever you prefer. Depending on your mods and plans with the truck, we would probably recommend something in the 26-2800 range... Stan

WhiteSVT

Established Member
i have 527rwtq , but my 60ft suck. i need to get them a lil lower, and i feel that a 3000 stall will work. whats your input.

FordFanStan

Established Member
At your current power level, a 2800 stall speed will work well. It will be a little different on the streets, but on launch at the track is should make a very noticeable difference in favor of lower short times as long as you have some traction devices. That stall speed will work well if you plan on upping your power level in the future as well... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread