300 SRT8 vs Acura NSX

daves03svt

Established Member
On my way in to work this morning, on a four lane expressway I'm approaching a red light light, when a red nsx comes flying by, shoots across three lanes and jumps in front of me. The nsx looks clean, has aftermarket exhaust, wing and big tires out back. The driver is eyeing me in his mirror, so I know it's on once the light changes. I drop my car into manual mode so I'm ready in case he does a slow roll out.

Light turns and the nsx slowly rolls to about 10mph then hits it, kicking the rear end out a bit. I go wot and have to let off a bit to avoid running up on him. I jump into the lane on the right as the 6.1 roars to it's 6600 shift point and barks the tires into second. I proceed to blow past the nsx, by 60 I've got two cars on him, and it just gets worse after that. I shut down at 100 with a solid bus length on the acura. Once I've slowed to sane speeds the nsx pulls up next to me and gives a big thumbs up. I do the same in return and continue on my way.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
He kicked the tires out? Was he boosted? I imagine it would take a lot of power to get that car to spin the tires, even at 10 mph. They aren't the torquiest cars out there.

Good kill. I think I've seen 3 NSXs in my life. Was it the exposed headlight body style, or the pop-up headlight body style?

daves03svt

Established Member
It was a pop up headlight model. No idea if he was boosted, but I don't think so based on how hard I pulled him. I was surprised to see the nsx ass wiggle as well, especially since it had some pretty wide tires out back, but it did. His car looked great, bright red with black rims and roof. It must have looked funny to everyone else, seeing a huge boat roar past the little red sports car.:burnout:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've been seeing a lot of NSX's around lately, I'm up to 9 so far this year, prior to this year I've seen maybe 3-4 in person total.

Anyways, good kill OP

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good kill...I saw one a month ago just outside of Hampton near I-80... pretty rare car so I was shocked to see one around here.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Good kill OP. I'm going to guess a Comptech blower kit on the NSX. Stock, it couldn't kick the back end from a 10 mph roll. The blower will add enough power to spin the tires, but not enough to keep up with 470rwhp.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
Good kill OP. I'm going to guess a Comptech blower kit on the NSX. Stock, it couldn't kick the back end from a 10 mph roll. The blower will add enough power to spin the tires, but not enough to keep up with 470rwhp.

I don't think a blown NSX would get beat that bad, but who knows... good kill OP.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
wait hold on a second, In the top gear uk video where they review a c6 corvette ls2, they ran a 4 car drag race with a tvr, nsx and porsche non turbo. The vette lost to the nsx.

hear me out of this logic

if nsx > ls2 vette
and ls2 vette > srt8 anything

then nsx < srt8

wait wut

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
This isn't exact, but it's pretty close;

91-96 NSX = LT1 Corvette
97+ NSX= LS1 Corvette (edge to the Corvette)

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
He could have been riding the clutch and popped it out with a rev along with the OP maybe misjudging the speed... could maybe account for a little tire spin.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Manual NSX should be a mid-13 sec car vs your low 13 sec land yacht. So should have been a lot closer stock vs stock. Considering you list 470rwhp this would explain the beating. How did you gain 100hp over stock on your car?

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
Manual NSX should be a mid-13 sec car vs your low 13 sec land yacht. So should have been a lot closer stock vs stock. Considering you list 470rwhp this would explain the beating. How did you gain 100hp over stock on your car?

Thanks,

I have Inertia ported heads, ported Intake, mild cam ( still passes CA emissions) and corsa catback.

There ya go :beer:

daves03svt

Established Member
wait hold on a second, In the top gear uk video where they review a c6 corvette ls2, they ran a 4 car drag race with a tvr, nsx and porsche non turbo. The vette lost to the nsx.

hear me out of this logic

if nsx > ls2 vette
and ls2 vette > srt8 anything

then nsx < srt8

wait wut

Haha, and everything on that show is the truth right? From what I have read, the nsx is around a 13 flat to high 12 car in the 1/4. That is about what a stock srt8 will run. I am making 100 rwhp more than when i was stock. As far as mis judging the start speed, could be, he was midway through the intersection when he hit it. I would hope that he wasn't supercharged, as he should beat me if he was. All i could see was aftermarket exhaust. We lined up at the next light, but he wouldnt roll down his window or even look over, and when the light turned green he stayed back a few cars behind. Oh well, believe what you will, all I know is I had fun.

Users who are viewing this thread