30 RWHP From BBK Twin 65mm TBA

46stang

Established Member
I would like to see the stock pull compared to the 65 t/b pull! I would suspect some of that hp came from the bigger T/B leaning out the stock A/F ratio?

Leon

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
What ever happened to BaBolts intake system?
Good question, as that set-up looked AWESOME!!!! BaBolt, an update please? :shrug: As for the BBK twin 65mm adding 30 RWHP, COMPLETE BULLSH*T!!! I'm not buying it.

dougwg

Established Member
4,000 Hp just add~~>
VPJ2.jpg

:rollseyes :lol: :lol:

Btw: if you want an update, here's an e-mail I just sent out, it should answer a few questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
E-mail from [email protected] (edited)

"Email me with a quote, my '03 has 2.93 pulley, superchip, NGK TR6 plugs, and a densecharger CAI so far. What kind of gains should I expect from your T/B? Thanks

Adrian"

Re:

It sounds like you’re already on your way to some good HP numbers; you really need to get some exhaust too. The stock cats are very restrictive!

As far as our TB and Adapter, We're still waiting on the casting company. We should see castings in about 10 days (there's more to it then just castings also). After the casting process they have to be heat-treated then powder coated to the same color as stock then machined. Hopefully the Adapters will be completed and ready to ship in about 15 days.

The Throttle Bodies will be done in just a few days, as they only need to be clear anodized and assembled (about Wednesday).

If you can’t wait, there is another product by someone else, Paul’s High Performance, also here in Michigan, But I should tell you the difference between the 2. They use the Accufab Cobra Tb for the 99-02. It is an elliptical design TB and an Adapter of fabricated/welded design, not very stock looking.

The BilletFlow™ Billet Throttle Body and Super Charger Adapter are of the “Oval” design. The same design we pioneered about 2.5 years ago for the Ford SVT Lightning. Which is much larger in bore size. On a stock setup you really won’t see much difference in performance between the two. As soon as you start freeing up the intake and exhaust (CAI, K&N, Mass air, Chip, Cat Back Exhaust and the like) their setup will still be too restrictive for maximum HP and TQ Gains.

Here’s some numbers for ya.
BILLETFLOW COBRA OVAL =CORR @ 28" - 1696 CFM
BBK TWIN 65mm =CORR @ 28" - 1339 CFM
ACCUFAB COBRA ELLIPSE =CORR @ 28" - 1284 CFM
STOCK 57 MM COBRA TWIN=CORR @ 28" - 1089 CFM

As far as price….. PHP is charging, I believe $850.00+tax retail
We will be coming in under him..… Around $775.00+tax retail or less

As far as gains we saw about 10-15 hp gains (on a bone stock car). Now you have to realize dyno numbers can be weird. There are A LOT of factors. And people actually read dyno sheets differently. When we ran our first tests, we always got a SPIKE at the end of about 6hp, we exclude this spike as an anomaly and do not think it is right to count it. Everyone else on the face of the earth, that is trying to sell something, includes this spike. They know most people don’t know the proper way to interpret dyno graphs. They say “WE GOT MORE HP”, which is not really the case at all. Ok I need to stop…I could go on for days about this.

As soon as we get the casting done (well 1 casting J) we are heading back to the dyno and we will be testing several cars, with several different combinations of Mod’s. As soon as we do this, we will be posting the results to the website

I hope you will be able to wait for our product, as I know you will be more than satisfied with it. (Better Product, Lower Price, more Gains). I hope this answers any questions you may have had.

Sincerely,
Doug
BilletFlow

Last edited:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
4,000 Hp just add~~>
VPJ2.jpg

:rollseyes :lol: :lol:

Btw: if you want an update, here's an e-mail I just sent out, it should answer a few questions.

E-mail from [email protected] (edited)

"Email me with a quote, my '03 has 2.93 pulley, superchip, NGK TR6 plugs, and a densecharger CAI so far. What kind of gains should I expect from your T/B? Thanks

Adrian"

Hey, thats me!!! Lol now if someone will pledge $775 to a poor military man whos wife says "No more money will be spent on your cobra until it's paid off", I will be keeping up with 2002_Z06!

Maybe...

By the way, who thinks that I should take a local muffler shop's offer to put their name on the side of my Cobra for a custom mandrel bent 3" exhaust? I don't think that I like that idea, since "Mach1 Muffler" sounds kind of trashy to me. What do you think?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by GreyCobra_03
Hey, thats me!!! Lol now if someone will pledge $775 to a poor military man whos wife says "No more money will be spent on your cobra until it's paid off", I will be keeping up with 2002_Z06!

Maybe...

By the way, who thinks that I should take a local muffler shop's offer to put their name on the side of my Cobra for a custom mandrel bent 3" exhaust? I don't think that I like that idea, since "Mach1 Muffler" sounds kind of trashy to me. What do you think?
How big an AD? I'm being asked the same thing from a couple of source's in my area concerning some part's. Not sure it's worth it. How long would you have to advertise for them?

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Ya, they want to have a black runner along the running board, you know how V-6 mustangs have the "mustang" but it would say ======="Mach1 Muffler"=========== like that.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I might do it (for an agreed upon length of time) if I could put it either on the rear window or the side quarter glass, but if they wanted it on the door like a V6 stang has then FORGET IT!!! :xpl:

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Grey CoBRa,
Hell No!!! I wouldnt put anyones name on the side of my car even if they paid me to. We have a true american muscle car here not a friggin Civic SI. We need to be as stealth as possible. I am very happy with the work that was done on my car but I would not agree to having anyones name put on it. Hope that helps.Black03

Blades

Established Member
no ****ing way dude.. thumbs down on that.

if i saw that on a mustang i'd stay away from the muffler shop.. because itd be the shop that likes to ruin mustangs and try to make them ricers.. :mj:

again: no ****ing way...

do what you have to do.. put a hat on the sidewalk and dance for pennies and change. just dont put deface a mustang :D

or put up a tag sale and sell all your wife's shoes and clothes.. Now thats a good idea!! :idea:

Last edited:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Thats what I was thinking... we need a charity for less fortunate Cobra owners lol. Being in the military as an E-4, I make barely enough money to make payments, my wife is making a huge sacrifice to allow me to own a Cobra, so I can't afford to make all the cool mods I would like to... oh well

Users who are viewing this thread