3 valve swap build thread

JBender2007

Established Member
Im kicking around the idea of putting a 3 valve motor in a foxbody. I was wondering if anyone knew where a conplete build thread was that I can look at to see what I am getting myself into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wheelhopper

Established Member
MM&FF did an article about 4-5 months ago where they did a rundown of what was needed for about any Ford motor into a foxbody swap you can think of. Maybe do a search on there site.

Aside from that I think that is a great idea. For road course driving that would be a perfect motor. Mildly modded it should make around 300-325 to the wheels and be reliable. There should also be plenty around for cheap since I am guessing most people swapping in a mod motor wants a 4 valve.

JBender2007

Established Member
Thanks I really appreciate the help. They are fairly cheap. I found a long block with harness and ecu for 1700 and there are plenty in stock. My biggest issue now is finding a coupe near me for a reasonable price lol

jpk92

Established Member
honestly with a 5.0 you can match the output of a 3v pretty easily and cheaper. Although a 3v would be different if thats what you going for. Regardless that is a biig job.

Users who are viewing this thread