• 03Cobrarocks

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Nasty03Cobra

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Ok we got a race (in Mexico) lined up for tomorrow if it doesnt rain on us and seeing what you guys thought the outcome might be, heres what we got...

1) Aaron K's 03 Cobra- moderate self port, Longtubes, 2.8 upper, full bolt-ons making 480/470

2) 03Cobrarock's 03 Cobra- 2.8 upper, Longtubes, k member, full bolt-ons, coilovers making 450/472

3) My 03 Cobra- Steggy stage V+ ported TB and Plenum, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, full bolt-ons making 483/511

Ok so #2s car definately weighs the least but is making the least power, #1s car is somewhere in between with weight and power and finally I weigh the most but am making the most power out of the 3. Also these guys prolly have the driver on me by a lil bit, but now that I got my clutch and firewall adjuster in, then shifts should be alot smoother. Races (in Mexico of course) will be from a roll but traction is an issue for me running on street tires and I believe #1s car as well.

So there you have it whose gonna take it and by how much??? There will be a video like I said if it doesnt rain, should be a good one!!!:rockon:

Satyr

Established Member
Your numbers seem a bit low for those mods...what's your timing/AFR look like?

I am going to go with number 2, providing he has a good driver mod. The weight and suspension setup will give him a probable edge.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
My numbers were low bc of belt slip, old spark plugs, heat and the humidity here in Texas, Im swapping the upper pulley to a 2.76 reichard racing pulley for better grip next week and plugs have been changed as well but the runs will be with my current setup.

Also #2s car beat me last summer by about 3/4 of a car but I had no 4lb lower, KB BAP, MAFia, 60's and clutch adjuster

EDIT: He also did not have Longtubes or K member at that time either

Last edited:

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
And my afr was 11.7-11.8 across the board, I wanna say my timing was at 19* but not 100% sure on that one will have to double check, does that seem right?

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Yea thats what I was expecting myself, trust me I was pretty disappointed after I saw the #s but after my tuner showed me where it was falling off and why then I understood why the low #s, but the retune will be next week and hopefully that will solve it

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The car with longtubes and a ported blower will make the fatest powerband. I think he will take the win.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
subscribed! Im in mexico to lol ...I would be down for the next time in MEXICO only ofcourse. Pm me

AaronK

Established Member
The car with longtubes and a ported blower will make the fatest powerband. I think he will take the win.

:rolling:

You all lose for still running eatons....

J/K who is the better driver?

Lol, not for long.

I don't know who the better driver is...

I vote #3. Just look at the torque! 40 more rwtq than car #1. Sounds like #3 has a better power band and maybe more power under the curve.

Yeah, he should win. He def wins in a bench race.

AaronK

Established Member
This is when I was making 441rwhp/431rwtq and my I/C pump was going out

Me vs. h/c/i full bolt-on + nitrous Ws6
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5DXUM89w-U&feature=related"]YouTube - PAT WS6 vs AaronK[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhLbHoZ4Jc&feature=related"]YouTube - PAT WS6 vs Jared vs Aaronk[/ame]

MY RACE IS 2 MINUTES INTO THIS VIDEO. Same car except it was a three way run with the t/a off the bottle. Z06 has cam and full bolt-ons longtubes etc.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NeEiq6ScU&feature=related"]YouTube - Hooters Meet 8/28[/ame]

Since then I've rebuilt the motor, transmission, and rear end. Mainly stock parts but some are a little better than stock. ALL of my mods are in my sig. My only weight reduction is a rear seat delete. Let the bullshit begin! :beer:

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Coilovers for drag racing?!?

Why the discrepancy between #1 and #2 power-wise? The self-port makes that much? Or is it a classic case of different dynos on different days?

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Im telling u guys, this is a very interesting race..the reason i say they may have me a lil on driver mod is bc they have taken theirs to the track whereas i have not without my clutch and firewall adjuster and street tires... But now that i have the adjuster it should be a great race from a roll. No hard feelings if I lose to either on this race, both are very strong cars

Users who are viewing this thread