3" Tail pipe swap?

gazim

Established Member
Any body out there running 2.5" CB systems called and ordered 3" tail pipes and installed them? :read:

gazim

Established Member
tough crowd... i was just curious to see if anyone has just called and ordered up the tail pipes... i.e. from Bassani or magna flow ect? to get an idea if its possible.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
tough crowd... i was just curious to see if anyone has just called and ordered up the tail pipes... i.e. from Bassani or magna flow ect? to get an idea if its possible.

Not trying to be a d... but try rewording your first post and maybe someone will be able to understand what you are asking

Any body out there running 2.5" CB systems called and ordered 3" tail pipes and installed them? :read:

Makes no sense ^^^

gazim

Established Member
u really don't get that i was asking if anyone has installed 3" tail pipes onto a 2.5" CB system? (my curiosity stemmed from being able to just order the tail pipes from any of the leading manufactures.... ) was wondering if anyone has done it that was all...

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
are you talking just the tips? If so then yeah it's very common. If you're talking pipes that go into the back of the muffler then come out under the IRS I've never seen it since you'd need to have a muffler with 2.5" in and 3" out. If that's what you're after just get a 3" catback, but depending on your power level that may not even be worth it. A nice set of 2.5s looks just fine

gazim

Established Member
attaching to the muffler is nothing a simple reducer at an exhaust shop.... i know how to do that. I'm just wanting to know if i can buy the tail pipes from bassani or magna flow separately?

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
ahh gotcha, I guess it's possible, you'd probably just have to give them a call. Either that or check the market section here. Good luck on the hunt! Put up some pics when you're done too

gazim

Established Member
ahh gotcha, I guess it's possible, you'd probably just have to give them a call. Either that or check the market section here. Good luck on the hunt! Put up some pics when you're done too

thanks brother! i will... i think 3 " tail pipes look so good on the Cobras, i'll post in the spring when i have them on... gonna order a pair, polish the shit out of them and get em on there!

MayoSVT

Just slithering through
Established Member
I am sitting on 2.5" flow tubes, 3" in/out bassani straight through mufflers, 2.5" tail pipes. Looking for 3" tails. Surely It can be done. There is 2.5' to 3' adapters that are sold at auto parts stores. I have them on the mufflers currently and need 3" tails. Where did you purchase? or see to purchase?

gazim

Established Member
I am sitting on 2.5" flow tubes, 3" in/out bassani straight through mufflers, 2.5" tail pipes. Looking for 3" tails. Surely It can be done. There is 2.5' to 3' adapters that are sold at auto parts stores. I have them on the mufflers currently and need 3" tails. Where did you purchase? or see to purchase?

I called Bassani the girl on the phone was a pita but they do sell the tails separate

2.5' were 175 each
3' was 225 or 250 each if i recall was a few weeks back now but they are available...

a bit expensive but worth tin if ur going for a nice look

Users who are viewing this thread