3 spd automatic questions

Race Red 13

Hey guys,
Anybody out there running a c4? Performance Automatic has drag pack conversion kit with their super comp c4 that is rated @ 900hp. My car dyno'd at 674rwhp. Any feedback good or bad about PA transmissions? Also, what would I need to do to retain a speedometer and tach signal?
thanks,
Russ

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The 6R is the best auto swap but a manual valve body 4R70 by Freddy Brown is better than the C4 and let’s you click OD to cruise. Just don’t hit it in OD or you’ll only have a 3spd :)
-J

Race Red 13

If FB has a stand alone 4r70 that can manually lock the converter and overdrive, that would be ideal for me. I'm just looking for something simple to operate that isn't a wiring nightmare, as I'll be doing all the work myself. I'll give them a call.
Thanks J,
Russ

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No problem.
I had a MVB AOD/4R based on a Lentech but with some 4R parts. I never got to push it hard, but it did go 9.60@149 my first track session. It was great as a street driver, with the MVB giving a bunch of involvement. Just hit a button for OD when cruising on highway, and remember to unclick it from OD if going to hit it. The OD is a weak band style OD, but I didn’t have a problem. Mine was non-lock up but I think you can have the lockup on a switch also.
The Freddy Brown trans has been proven deep 8.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread