!3" rear brake conversion for SN-95 vehicles offered by Full Tilt Boogie Racing

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Full Tilt Boogie Racing is pleased to announce that we have a 13" rear brake conversion kit for SN-95 vehicles. Originally this kit was designed for the IRS and a few people installed them on Bullitt's and Mach I's and ran into a minor issues with the hats not fitting the larger diameter axle shaft flanges. This was corrected by grinding a small chamfer on the outer face of the axle flanges. We are happy to say we have made a few minor design changes to these kits and they now fit the solid axle Bullitt's and Mach I cars as well. They would also go onto a GT but would require Cobra calipers and Cobra caliper mounting brackets.

A little background on the kit. In 2005 when I upgraded the 13" Y2KR front Brembo brakes on my 2000 Cobra R track car to the 14" (355x32mm) Brembo Gran Turismo kit, I noticed my rear brakes were now doing less of the braking. Previously, rear pads would need to be replaced more than twice a year. Now they were lasting more than a year. The car was obviously stopping better because of the front brakes but the rear brakes were no longer pulling their weight. The car was also harder to rotate through the corner because of the weakness of the rear brakes. So I decided to step up the leverage of the rear brakes from the 11.66" OEM diameter to 13". This was a great mod. It accomplished exactly what I needed it to accomplish. I wanted to keep my emergency brake for loading the car in the hauler so I decided to keep the OEM rear caliper, keep my emergency brake, not have to change my brake lines and still be able to use all of the pad stock I had accumulated.

This is the final design of the kit I came up with:

13%20rear%20conversion%20kit.jpg

The kit consists of two rear caliper relocating brackets, hardware to attach the relocating brackets, and two bolt together 2 pc rotors that are clear zinc plated, directionally slotted and have directional cooling vanes to aid in cooling. The hard anodized aluminum hats match our 2 pc bolt together SN-95 front rotors.

For more info on the kit and what the kit looks like mounted on the car, click on this link:

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/FT_7000A.htm

You will notice in that link that the rotating mass of our 2 pc rear rotor in this kit has been reduced as compared to the OEM rotor. I left Ford to do all of the hard work with caliper piston sizing and pad swept area and all I had to do was increase the leverage advantage of the OEM brakes slightly. This was a vast improvement over what I previously had. My rear pad wear was back to where it was previously and I could actually feel my rear brakes chipping in on the braking load. The car was also back to rotating through the turns because the rear brakes came back to life.

The kit is FTBR part number FT 7000A and can be found on our SN-95 brake order page here:

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/1999-2004_Cobra_Brake_Parts.htm

We have just recently developed a very similar kit and it has a floating rotor assembly and the rotors and hats match our SN-94 14" front Brembo brake conversion kit for people that want to match the looks on their front and rear rotor assemblies. We hope to have this kit shown on our site in the very near future.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the kit.

:thumbsup::coolman:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Will the old 13" rear upgrade rotor carry over to the full floating version? I've got your 14" front and 13" rear kit so why not go full floating on all 4?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Will the old 13" rear upgrade rotor carry over to the full floating version? I've got your 14" front and 13" rear kit so why not go full floating on all 4?
Garrett:

Unfortunately the bolt together and floating rotor assemblies are not interchangeable or convertible.

Users who are viewing this thread