3" long tube

viperstang

Established Member
Hi guys, my ride is a 04. The motor is out of the car at the moment getting a fully built bottom end. I am looking to get long tube's....a friend of mine has a SLP longtubes that I can get at a super deal. My question is at what HP do you have to go 3"? And what do you guys think of the SLP long tubes?

mach1033

Established Member
hey how do you guys feel about high flow cats? not sure if the off road x pipe is the way to go. i think it might just be to loud.

I bought magnaflows high flow 3 inch cats for my set up. When I had my 89 347 stroker GT I initially had an off road H pipe and then went with a catted x pipe and lost not even 5 hp. You will never feel the difference especially if your making 600 plus hp.

viperstang

Established Member
i am not a fan of the off road setup, but i keep hearing that i will be loosing a lot of Hp by going with high flow cats. how true is that? i dont mind giving up a little hp to keep the sound i want.

mach1033

Established Member
i am not a fan of the off road setup, but i keep hearing that i will be loosing a lot of Hp by going with high flow cats. how true is that? i dont mind giving up a little hp to keep the sound i want.

5 HP is all I lost so I went from 415 to 410 when I had my 89 re tuned again. I never felt a difference

viperstang

Established Member
can anyone tell me if i need a full 3" exhaust or can i keep my steeda 2.5 catback? I see a lot of companies making an 3" xpipe reduced to 2.5. wouldnt that hurt performance?

Users who are viewing this thread