3 kills in the drive home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmitchell373

Established Member
First was rolling toward the freeway, and a guy in a Honda CBR600 (the slow version) rolls up next to me and revs a few times. I nod and downshift motion for him to go, he hits it and I follow. He didn't not reach the end of my hood before I pulled on him. Went from 40-100 and had about 2 cars by then. He came up smiled and rode off. Cant wait till I can take a GSXR1000

Other 2 were a riced out Acura and a 1st gen Scion TC. They were hauling balls together on the freeway, so right after they passed I said **** it and grabbed 2nd and went after them, blew past them in 3rd took it up to 120 for the hell of it. Slowed back down and both came up windows down grinning like hell and thumbs up!!

Only first was worth the gas, but the other 2 were worth the thumbs up I got.

Last edited:

SikO2

Established Member
First was rolling toward the freeway, and a guy in a Honda CBR600 rolls up next to me and revs a few times. I nod and downshift motion for him to go, he hits it and I follow. He didn't not reach the end of my hood before I pulled on him. Went from 40-100 and had about 2 cars by then. He came up smiled and rode off. Cant wait till I can take a GSXR1000

Other 2 were a riced out Acura and a 1st gen Scion TC. They were hauling balls together on the freeway, so right after they passed I said **** it and grabbed 2nd and went after them, blew past them in 3rd took it up to 120 for the hell of it. Slowed back down and both came up windows down grinning like hell and thumbs up!!

gotta be pretty quick to take out a liter bike.

Kiohtee

Established Member
First was rolling toward the freeway, and a guy in a Honda CBR600 rolls up next to me and revs a few times. I nod and downshift motion for him to go, he hits it and I follow. He didn't not reach the end of my hood before I pulled on him. Went from 40-100 and had about 2 cars by then. He came up smiled and rode off. Cant wait till I can take a GSXR1000

From what I gather from your sig, a 600 should have given you a much better run than that, but no way you'll take a properly driven liter bike.

Good kills!

SikO2

Established Member
From what I gather from your sig, a 600 should have given you a much better run than that, but no way you'll take a properly driven liter bike.

Good kills!

Didn't want to be the one to say it. lol Sorry OP but I don't believe for a second that a CBR600rr that got the hit only got to your hood before you reeled him in. Maybe if he were in like 4th gear. I expect it to be more like this, he got the hit, pulled about 4-5 cars and you slowly reeled him in. At about 120-130 he'd still have a car or two on you.

Other two kills, :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are 600's really that slow? I thought it would take like 500+rwhp to beat one.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Didn't want to be the one to say it. lol Sorry OP but I don't believe for a second that a CBR600rr that got the hit only got to your hood before you reeled him in. Maybe if he were in like 4th gear. I expect it to be more like this, he got the hit, pulled about 4-5 cars and you slowly reeled him in. At about 120-130 he'd still have a car or two on you.

Other two kills, :beer:

Meh, I like calling people's BS out. But it's hard because on the streets anything can happen. Even an older 600 (not older as in 1980's) is gonna walk a new 5.0 with bolt-ons, provided the driver isn't a total idiot who can't handle his bike.

Are 600's really that slow? I thought it would take like 500+rwhp to beat one.

A solidly setup 550-600RWHP will at least run with a 600 if not outrun it completely. And at that power level you may can start to challenge 750s with average to below average riders. But a liter bike, you better be making power out the wazoo and forget the 1300s.

Last edited:

bmitchell373

Established Member
Everyone is a kill joy! It was lil older, guy did downshift and wrap it up. But I've ran a few smaller bikes and held my own. A kill is a kill!! My answer for a liter bike is a 150 pill after exhaust, re-tune.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Everyone is a kill joy! It was lil older, guy did downshift and wrap it up. But I've ran a few smaller bikes and held my own. A kill is a kill!! My answer for a liter bike is a 150 pill after exhaust, re-tune.

We're not kill joys, just give us all the details you can upfront.

And no, you still aren't gonna outrun a newer liter bike with a decent rider. :nonono: With full bolt-ons and a 150 shot you're probably worth 550-575RWHP. That's just enough to play with modded 600s or stock with meh drivers 750s.

SikO2

Established Member
OP i'll give you this, if it were an F4i I would believe you. An RR, no f'n way in hell. My buddies 2003 cbr600rr with a slip on and geared runs low-mid 10s. He's virtually stock and eats up c6Z's, gt500's, and boosted mustangs/camaros from rolls. 600rr with a good rider is a lethal machine.

bmitchell373

Established Member
I don't know bikes that well, but it said Honda and 600 maybe it want a cbr so its hard to say. I beat a bike so I'm happy.

Kiohtee

Established Member
A 150 shot gonna be enough to take down a 1000?..... Doubtfull.

It is a 5.0 though...

Hopefully OP doesn't think his car has 412RWHP stock and that the manufacturer claims for bolt-ons are RWHP and accurate or that a 150 shot of nitrous is actually gonna add 150RWHP. If so, by those calculations his car will have about 700RWHP with nitrous and he can start playing with modded 750s and stock 900s.

bmitchell373

Established Member
It is a 5.0 though...

Hopefully OP doesn't think his car has 412RWHP stock and that the manufacturer claims for bolt-ons are RWHP and accurate or that a 150 shot of nitrous is actually gonna add 150RWHP. If so, by those calculations his car will have about 700RWHP with nitrous and he can start playing with modded 750s and stock 900s.

No, I am not delusional. lol But I do know these 5.0 are quick. Ive been impressed a few times with the car stock, then with canned tune and intake the butt dyno felt a jump. So with a good tune and o/r x and cat back should make a good gain. I can only go by what I've read/heard but people with 100 shot have gained over 100whp.... Truth I don't know.

SikO2

Established Member
I don't know bikes that well, but it said Honda and 600 maybe it want a cbr so its hard to say. I beat a bike so I'm happy.

There are CBR600rr and CBR600f4i. The RR is quite faster and can be a handful if you run into one with a good rider. F4i's are older and not as fast. They're usually made into stunt bikes b/c theyre lighter and not as torquey.

bmitchell373

Established Member
There are CBR600rr and CBR600f4i. The RR is quite faster and can be a handful if you run into one with a good rider. F4i's are older and not as fast. They're usually made into stunt bikes b/c theyre lighter and not as torquey.

Fair enough, It could of been, that would make more sense. But I killed a bike!! lol

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Ill save the liter bikes for later then, after boost.

Boost? To keep up with a newer GSXR1000 you would need the solid rocket booster off the Space Shuttle mounted to your car. If your goal is to "play" with liter bikes, save your money- it's never going to happen unless you drive something with a full roll cage and a parachute on the back.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Boost? To keep up with a newer GSXR1000 you would need the solid rocket booster off the Space Shuttle mounted to your car. If your goal is to "play" with liter bikes, save your money- it's never going to happen unless you drive something with a full roll cage and a parachute on the back.

I'm not gunning for them. But its a nice goal. I don't have a time that I want to run or a car I want to beat. I just have a setup that I want and where ever that puts me will be good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread