3 Inspection tickets in < 2 weeks

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Hey guys. I have a few questions about inspection sticker infractions. I know I was wrong in not inspecting my car since I registered the car back in january. So about 12 days ago I was pulled over(they stopped me because they thought my car was stolen), and in the process they gave me a ticket for my inspection being overdue. Fine. I'll deal with it. So I parked the car, and went to eat some lunch. I come back, and theres a ticket on my windshield. I was like WTF, i'm not parked illegally. I look at it, and its a ticket for overdue inspection. I was like, god damn...
So in the course of the week, I was planning to get the inspection done the following weekend (really NO time to do it on the week without taking a day off, and I dont have any of those). However, the following weekend I had a family emergency come up, so I don't get the car inspected. This week, I was able to go to court and PAY for one of the parking inspection tickets, and I went to another dept to fight the traffic inspection ticket. I mean, I really don't think it's fair that I get 2 tickets for basically the same thing from 2 different departments. I paid my fine, and I learned a lesson.
So this weekend, I want to go inspect my car. BUTTT... Last night, I got a call from my GF, that I recieved ANOTHER inspection sticker ticket... now im REALLY mad... this is just unjust. I understand that I screwed up the first time, but 3 in a row?! I mean, i'm going to get it inspected, but this is a little overboard by the city. What can I do in this situation? I would really like to get the 2 other inspection tickets thrown away...

fyi: I park my car on the streets because I don't have a garage, and I live in the city. thx.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
What can you do? You can get your vehicle inspected! Hasnt it become obvious to you by now that the authorities in your area are cracking down on inspection violations?

In each jurisdiction you violate the motor vehicle code, you can get a summons.

Only you can fix this problem.

ilumo

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
What can you do? You can get your vehicle inspected! Hasnt it become obvious to you by now that the authorities in your area are cracking down on inspection violations?

In each jurisdiction you violate the motor vehicle code, you can get a summons.

Only you can fix this problem.

Of course. Which was my intent! but 3 inspection tickets in this time?! It's not like my car is moving much (I don't drive it except on some weekends), because I take mass tranportation (subway).
If i could park it at a garage until I can free up some time to get it inspected, I would do that.. but I dont have that option, and so I park it on the street. ONE I understand, but NOT 3. it's pretty effed up. atleast make it a FIXIT ticket. but its not either.:cuss:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Why is it effed up? They have no way to tell that you have been ticketed before since the tickets have not been processed yet. and even if they did the one you paid would only show that you were ticketed, paid the fine and still had not gotten your car inspected.

Intent doesn't mean jack in this case. you were well outside any grace period, AND you were parking an uninspected car on a public street.

If you want to have it be a fix-it ticket work with your state legislator to have the law changed. complaining about it will do you no good

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
3 is too much. They should have it locked in their database that another officer had already given you a ticket that same day. Thats some bs they cant do that.

ilumo

Established Member
So to answer my original question, is there anyway to throw away my last 2 tickets. If not the last one, then surely the one that they gave me on the same day, no?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
ilumo said:
Of course. Which was my intent! but 3 inspection tickets in this time?! It's not like my car is moving much (I don't drive it except on some weekends), because I take mass tranportation (subway).
If i could park it at a garage until I can free up some time to get it inspected, I would do that.. but I dont have that option, and so I park it on the street. ONE I understand, but NOT 3. it's pretty effed up. atleast make it a FIXIT ticket. but its not either.:cuss:

Why should it be a fixit ticket? You knew since you registered it over 4 months ago, you had 10 days to get it inspected and you didnt. That is what is effed up. Also after the first ticket you were on notice and decided that you had more important things to do, so you decided to take a chance and got caught.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
ilumo said:
So to answer my original question, is there anyway to throw away my last 2 tickets. If not the last one, then surely the one that they gave me on the same day, no?

You can go and fight them, but they just wont "throw them out." You may have a chance of getting a second ticket by the same department dismissed, but probably not the one from a different department.

oldmodman

Established Member
Tape all your "no inspection sticker" tickets to the inside of you windshield.

Then you will be able to determine if the police care if you have already been cited for that infraction or not. If you get further tickets, then they don't care.

tistan

Established Member
If you aren't driving the vehicle then how can they ticket you? We don't have inspections here. It would seem that if the car is parked (like you say) and not being driven then you would have no need for an inspection. Am I correct in assuming that inspection stickers are to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive on the street. If that is the case, and the car was parked and not being driven on the street when you got the ticket. I would go to court and try to argue that point.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
tistan said:
If you aren't driving the vehicle then how can they ticket you? We don't have inspections here. It would seem that if the car is parked (like you say) and not being driven then you would have no need for an inspection. Am I correct in assuming that inspection stickers are to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive on the street. If that is the case, and the car was parked and not being driven on the street when you got the ticket. I would go to court and try to argue that point.

He said he parked it on the street. Being parked on a public street allows the officer to ticket for no inspection. Had he had it parked in his driveway he would have been ok, but he parked it in the street, A clear violation. You go to court and say "but judge it might have been parked on the street but I wasn't driving it" the judge will laugh at you, fine you for not having the inspection and tack on a fine for your thinking he would be dumb enough to buy that excuse

FriscoCobra

Established Member
I've never even heard of a car needing inspection and I've owned about 20. Still 2 tickets for the same thing in one day is bs.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
FriscoCobra said:
I've never even heard of a car needing inspection and I've owned about 20. Still 2 tickets for the same thing in one day is bs.

I call :bs: on this. You say you live in Cali. cali has some of the strictest inspection requirements in the country. While it is true that not all states require them I would venture that more states require them than not. So tell us where you have lived and owned these 20 cars that have never had to be inspected to be put on the road.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
In my state... you park an un-inspected vehicle (which means it is unregistered) on the street... it gets towed away.

Sorry this is all on you.... things were more important then doing the right thing.... inspecting your vehicle.

Tickets are not logged into some sort of super database.... and even if you did get 3 tickets.... your vehicle is STILL un-inspected. If you have to park on the street... put a car cover over it... or fix the infraction!

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
California has NO inspection Stickers for vehicles. If your car passes the emissions test, you get a Current Registration Sticker good for One Year which you place on your Rear license plate. They don't do safety inspections like some states....only emissions. They don't care if your horn or brakes work.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
California has NO inspection Stickers for vehicles. If your car passes the emissions test, you get a Current Registration Sticker good for One Year which you place on your Rear license plate. They don't do safety inspections like some states....only emissions. They don't care if your horn or brakes work.

They only care about giving revenue generating tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread