3 inch pulley

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I am having a 3 inch pulley installed on my car with ID1000 injectors and a BAP. Curious if anyone knows approximately how much boost this will make? I trust the guys dyno tuning my car as they are a Mustang shop and tune a ton of boosted cars. Currently the car has a 3.25 inch pull on it.

Thanks

corepwn

Established Member
Do you know what your current boost level is?
Unfortunately there's not a lot of people with that blower so feedback will be harder to come by.

Looks like we're in the same area-ish.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Yup, I am in West Seattle. Ya not a lot of people run this blower. I really like it though. My tuner is good and I trust him to give me a pump fuel tune and race fuel tune. The current HP is on a 3.25 inch pulley with stock exhaust and they will be doing longtubes at the same time as the new pulley so that will help the boost pressure a bit.

corepwn

Established Member
I have about 8 gallons of VP MS109 that I'm never going to use if you want it for your race fuel tune.
1 5 gal pale was never opened.

My times are with the stock exhaust too :)

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Stock block? You are braver than I am lol. Yes, let me get it tuned and see what my tuner says about race fuel. I might take it off your hands. I know nothing about it since this is my first tune for anything other than pump gas. I know the 3.25 inch pulley is around 10 pounds with the stock exhaust so the headers should drop about 2 pounds off that.

What octane rating is E85?

jp1seattle

Established Member
Who is tuning your car? 10lbs with the Vortech is the limit for me....I'm not sure what the Edlebrock will do with a 3.00 pulley.

I really wish I had done OPGs before installing the blower. My number one regret with this build.

corepwn

Established Member
I popped the oil pump gears in my stock motor hitting the rev limiter during the 2-3 shift on a 10.24s pass at Pacific Raceways.

I put in a 11.0 Aluminator motor and upped the boost for my current times.

E85 has around 105 octane rating but acts a lot higher with the cooling it provides.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Damn oil pump gears. I avoid that by letting the automatic shift for me lol. Sure, I don't get the peak numbers but I am less likely to blow my gears. I might pick your brain when it comes time to drop in an Aluminator. I just don't want to do it for a few more years.

I have tried shifting in sport mode at the track but the car jumps gears, usually jumps from 3rd to 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread