3 inch exhaust

04taxi

Established Member
I have a non stainless steel 3 inch mac catback and used to have 2.5 SLP catback. I know I lost power going to the 3inch mac but got tired of the SLP glasspack sound. Mild mods 444/442 rwtq

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
BINGO!

I was only referring to the dyno graph comparing the two and nothing more. That MM&FF article was actually very misleading. They were not running any engine accessories right down to the water pump which showed very inflated numbers.

A more appropriate question would be: if a 3" pipe is good wouldn't a 3 1/2" pipe be "better"?

CALL THE GUY AT STEIGMEIER HE TUNES CARS EVERY DAY EATON OF COURSE AND KENNE BELL/WHIPPLE CARS YOU SOUND SMART AND SEEM LIKE YOU KNOW THE DYNAMICS OF SPENT EXAUST BUT TALK TO A GUY WHO OWNES AND OPERATES A DYNO AND SEES EVERY HORSEPOWER LEVEL FROM 400s TO OVER 800 BET YOU A DOLLAR HE SAYS LONG TUBES NO MATTER WHAT MAYBE NOT 3 INCH EXHAUST BUT HE WILL HAVE A REAL WORLD ANSWER NOT A TEXTBOOK AMSWER. KEN BJONNES AT MODULAR DEPOT TUNES MY CAR, ONE OF THE BEST TUNERS IN THE COUNTRY TUNES 3-4 CARS A DAY, ASK HIM ABOUT LONG TUBES

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im interested to see the proven outcome of this arguement. I was told 2.5" was just fine unless your pushing big power and running regularly at high rpm's.

cobracide

Established Member
Im interested to see the proven outcome of this arguement. I was told 2.5" was just fine unless your pushing big power and running regularly at high rpm's.

Pretty much true, some people think loosing area under the curve for the sake of a few horsepower is worth it. I guess it is if your car is race only. A tuned exhaust (ie 2.5") is more efficient for the street/strip car.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Yeah, my car is hardly ever in the higher RPM's and if i track it, it would be like a once in awhile thing.

I prob fine sticking with the 2.5" considering im only mildly modded...

Users who are viewing this thread