3 inch bassani exhaust question please

graveyard

Established Member
Guys what is the biggest difference between a full bassani exhaust with cat, 2.5 and the 3 inch, is it sound louder or what i need to know because i know a guys that has a 3 inch set up and i dont know if i will like it or not.I herd a lot of the 2.5 but i need a little more info on the 3 .What you guys think let me know,i dont like a real annoying sound like back in the 70s with no mufflers,you know what i mean.

MustangJim21

Established Member
I have a 3in bassani cat back with a bassani catted x-pipe on my Cobra. To be honest, I am surprised how quiet the system seems to be...except for when you step on the go pedal of course. In my opinion, there is nothing obnoxious about this set up and think it sounds just right. If you are planning to run this exhaust without cats that may be another story. Perhaps someone else can chime in about that.

rtusnake

Established Member
I had a 3" bassani catback with 3" o/r kooks exhaust. It sounded great but was pretty loud wot. I have a video in the exhaust sticky thread

whiplash306

Established Member
I've got 3" Bassani all the way out past the stock manifolds....with the cats in place, the sound is very livable and sounds good at WOT. With the cats off, the car is very aggressive sounding and ROARS at WOT, despite my utter dislike for Bassani's sound (will be swapping mufflers for 3" stainless MAC's soon).

Users who are viewing this thread