3" flowmaster theory question

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
Hey guys,
I read over and over that flowmaster mufflers don't flow as well as other brands in the 2.5 inch configuration. I have also read that our cars don't like 3" pipes unless you are running high HP/boost. So would it be wrong to assume that a 3" flowmaster set-up would flow comparably to a 2.5" straight through type muffler system? :??:

redline

Established Member
this is what i know i have the m55 from ford and magnaflo . the m55 is stupid loud . but to me i feel the magnaflo gives my car more torque. the m55 is 3 inch and magnaflo is 2.5.

HPCobra04

Established Member
I have had both, Three inch is on now. The bass this thing makes with pro chmaber is awesome. I did feel some freed up power in the uppers. JMO. ;-)

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
KELVINATOR said:
Hey guys,
I read over and over that flowmaster mufflers don't flow as well as other brands in the 2.5 inch configuration. I have also read that our cars don't like 3" pipes unless you are running high HP/boost. So would it be wrong to assume that a 3" flowmaster set-up would flow comparably to a 2.5" straight through type muffler system? :??:

yeah, I need to know to. I have 2.5 magnaflow X-pipe with high flow cats and a steeda catback. I am boosting 16 maybe 17lbs and I dont want anymore than that. My friend wants me to get a full 3" exhaust and he said that my boost will stay the same but my HP will go up. I thing.is. I HATE DRONE! And I think the full 3" exhaust does that.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I have heard HP's car in person,let me tell you the vid does not do it justice, it just sounds sick, very sweet sounding exhuast.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Anyone who says the flows don't flow as well as other c/b's is retarded. Many dyno comparisons on here and done else where have shown there are only a few hp's difference between different c/b's. If you like flows, get them!

Users who are viewing this thread