3 Fbody's: an LT1 & 2 LS1's

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Well after a long hiatus and getting the Cobra back on it's feet.

This was Sunday, after dropping some movies off at Blockbuster. It was right around noon. I was heading home after cruising around to find some trouble. And a green LT1 TA pulls up behind me, then a Black LS1 Crapmaro behind him and a Black LS1 WS6 pulls up in the left hand lane two cars back. I can see the guy in the LT1 behind me eyeballing my car and tires and trying to see the Snakes on the front(like the rear bumper that says COBRA wasn't a dead give away). His girlfriend keeps looking at my car and saying stuff to him with a smile on her face. So I take off from the light pretty hard to let them know that I want them to come and play. We catch the very next light with me in the right hand lane and the LT1 on my left with the Camaro and WS6 behind him. He revs as the opposite light turns yellow, so I rip one back. We take off and it wasn't even close, I took it half way through third and he was a good 4 - 5 back. I let off and he comes up beside me and nods.

Well the trio follow me for about a mile until we get to another light this time it's the Camaro's turn. Same results except this time I got into fourth(longer stretch of road) and he is about the same distance back. We head through a couple more lights and they all fall in line with each other, the WS6 leading. I make a couple of turns to try and get another good stretch of road, they follow suit. We finally catch another light heading over an overpass. They are all behind me and no one is to my right. So I'm like WTF??? :-? Then the WS6 slowly creeps out from behind me and rolls up to the line, before he comes to a stop the light turns green. So he stomps it and I'm caught off guard, so he gets the initial 1 1/2 - 2 lengths on me. I run through the gears and reel him in. By the next light/mid fourth gear I had caught him and put 3 - 3 1/2 car lengths between us. They all cruised by and gave me a thumbs up. I caught a Uey at the next light and headed home.

All in all good group of guys, the WS6 sounded pretty mean.

ON EDIT: Forgot to add this was my first real(read worthy) race since my 3.73 and Auburn Pro install. Boy what a difference.

Last edited:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Good Kill Bud!
Nothing like ripping some LT-1 ass for some fun on a Sunday :)
Can't wait to get my baby back from the shop,then I can join you in LT-1 destruction sessions........T-minus 2wks, and counting....

Users who are viewing this thread