3 days old blown up in louisiana

Headhunter

Established Member
Bought my 03 lightning and drove it home from a guy in houston,tx. Made 2 trips to the gym in it and one of those days it was raining so u know i couldn't get on it and play. Then it got detailed and sat under the carport until my wedding on saturday(wanted to roll out of the reception in style with my new toy shinning) we were on our way to the honeymoon hot spot and it happened, heard a loud bang and truck lost power. Long story short had it towed on sunday and a mechanic look at it. Monday he called and said block is fried and will need to get a whole new engine(long block). Anyone know a reputable builder in louisiana or close? If not any suggestions, links will be greatly appreciated. Been told by some people i'm looking at 8000 or better for a motor and have accepted that fact, will sell some of my dogs to help offset the cost and the nos kit that came with the truck. Just want to get opinions from people that have been there and done this so i have something reliable and tough.

s|ck

Established Member
Wow that sucks man! Sorry to hear that :(

The closest builder i know of in Louisiana I think would be Vince @ L&S in Baton Rouge. I've heard he does great work.

My first pick would be PSI in Houston, TX. Have heard nothing but good things about them :thumbsup:

Good luck!

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
Man that sucks! I'm here in Mandeville and just so happening to be in the middle of taking out my old motor for my new DMP one. I should have it out in a few weeks. Pm me if interested

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you can make it to PSI to have your motor done, I definitely recommend them. If you'd rather stay local, I don't personally know of anyone, but looks like you've got a lead. Best of luck.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
man that sucks, good luck onthe fix. but for sure if you want someone good, PSI is the place to go. thay have done a good job for me and plenty of others

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
...d*** i am sorry to hear that.
Hope you will get the truck fixed soon.

All the best for your wedding :beer:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
My buddy blew his '04 thanks to REM.Anyway,he found a used one and has been good
ever since.......Check around you can do better than 6K if your looking just to replace
what you had IMO.......

Rook

Established Member
that would ruin honey moon. i called up jdm. are you doing the install. pm me is you need anything or help.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I told you about another vendor over on LR. But I forgot about Vince L&S. I would say if you want to stay local that's best as if you have any build problems. PSI does Awesome work for sure and is def. something I would consider since they are closer if the other two guys don't work out. PSI will not let you down on the quality of there work.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Why does it need a long block? What exactly is wrong with the motor? I'd get a second opinion.

BTW, did you buy it from a individual or a car lot?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Man that sucks! I'm here in Mandeville and just so happening to be in the middle of taking out my old motor for my new DMP one. I should have it out in a few weeks. Pm me if interested

Here is La Lightning's

That will be the third engine we have shipped to LA and the other two have arrived safely and have held up great. Talk to La Lightning, I think he knows some other L members down that way too and can possibly help you out.

PS. Congrats on the wedding. FFS

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Find a local guy.
You don't need to go to Houston for a Modular motor.
What's wrong with your current motor?
Why does the whole longblock need replacement?
I found a motor builder in New Orleans to build mine. The shop is 3.5 miles away from my residence.
Houston is 350 miles away.
B.R. has shops too.
L&S is not a machine shop. It's a performance shop.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
The guy I bought my truck from has a JLP built short block. It has roughly 12K miles on it. It does have a few minor issues, but I'm sure he would cut you a good deal on it. I see no reason why you need new heads.

CowlSS

King Mufasa Asshole
Established Member
The guy I bought my truck from has a JLP built short block. It has roughly 12K miles on it. It does have a few minor issues, but I'm sure he would cut you a good deal on it. I see no reason why you need new heads.

Yup, I sure do. The shortblock has roughly 9k miles on it, the motor went in at 19k miles and I think came out at 28k? It should be written on one of the PSI receipts you have Ron.

Headhunter, if interested please shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread