3 Day diagnosis..tick,thump,slap

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Good. The A/C really was nothing but annoying. It's nice to get it fixed, but nice to know it's not hurting anything either.

I felt the same way after testing Joe Ashville's theory on mine, and finding it was exactly as he described.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Well in the end they did ..............

Nothing!

The head mechanic vetoed the underlings and said the noise was normal. Actually, I agree about not wanting them breaking any engine seals, so as long as the car runs strong, I'm not that concerned.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
They basically declared mine normal also. See above.

If there is a problem they aren't admitting it and damn near everyone has it.

I'm through worrying about it.

TruBlu03

I for one would like a good explanation why this "tick" is normal. It isn't present on the GT, MACH1 or Lightining that I can tell. Listened to all three the other night, no tick. Fired up a 03 Cobra, ticky ticky tick. So if the tick is normal, why is that? It' snot the injectors and unlikely to be a minor exhaust leak. Crank hitting something? Valve train? Piston's? I wish someone would figure it out because I'm at a loss. I'm going to ignore it as best I can but I'm still worried about engine longenvity past the 3/36.

bender460

Established Member
I'm worried about the tike in my car. Just recived a lower pulley kit, headers, E-fpc fuel controler, and on top of that a wide-band O2 datalogger. Lost of $$$$$$$. I don't make much, so I must keep the waranty at least till it's fixed so the parts sit. I'm getting realy pissed about this tick. My Cobra is my only intertainment and I can't have any fun:( I know some people can have fun stock and don't mind waiting but I've been waiting since August. Was a tick then, now its a knock, real bad when it's cold. And I get told the same thing "there's no fix yet" Sure there is put a new motor or cylinder heads on my car, real simple I think.
Sorry guys had to vent a little :)

Users who are viewing this thread