3 cops to pull me over? really? (LEOs Only)

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
I have a question for you LEOs on here..... So the other night a motorcycle cop pulls me over for "speeding". When I pulled over her instantly came to my window and wasn't very calm at all , he started chewing me out saying I was revving my engine and speeding down the street (WTF?) Anyways as hes saying this I notice there are 2 more cops behind him and Im thinking what the hell? As he's asking me questions everytime I answered he would roll his eyes and I would here him say ugh...Nice car, and its not like I look like a hoodlum or anything.... In the end after I made up some bogus excuse for supposedly "revving my engine" (told him I'm new to the stick shift thing LMAO) , I look down at the ticket and just a citation to go get my car inspected.... Great.... gotta stick my cats back in now... Oh and my speed according to the citation was 40 in a 35 mph zone, and thats only because I was passing a car up. Again WTF? Was he just trying to get me to react to get me in bigger trouble or what? And what's with the 3 cops? Common practice or they just bored?

What I didnt like is 2 hondas went flying past us obviously going 60+ and he let them go and still gave me my ticket...

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
So was the citation only to get your car inspected or a 2nd citation for the speed issued? I'm confused on that part. As for how many cops were there, maybe they mistook you for a badass, I dunno. I wasn't there. Could be boredom. Could be you made them late to eat, or go off-duty.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Sorry for the confusion, he didn't write me citation for speeding but he ripped me a new one for supposedly speeding. Screamed at me saying this ain't a racetrack and stuff like that. He just wrote my speed on the ticket where it asks for all the info about where it happened, the kind of car, speed, etc. I looked at it later and was wondering what his deal was about 5 mph over, its not like it was a school zone or construction.

So to answer you question in short... just the citation to get car inspected

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Technically 1 mph over what is posted is speeding. And if he didn't actually write you a ticket for the speed, I guess it really doesnt matter or affect you any negatively.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
True its just that usually they don't mess with you over here for such a minor speed increase. Especially if your just passing a car. My speedo is 4mph over what I actually go to top it off, (changed wheel size) and it read 40 when he pulled me over... idk maybe he was bored or had to meet some quota for citations? Either way like you said doesn't really effect me, just gotta put my stock x pipe back in before inspection. Anyways thanks for the insight :)

Last edited:

00streetfighter

Established Member
True its just that usually they don't mess with you over here for such a minor speed increase. Especially if your just passing a car. My speedo is 4mph over what I actually go to top it off, (changed wheel size) and it read 40 when he pulled me over... idk maybe he was bored or had to meet some quota for citations? Either way like you said doesn't really effect me, just gotta put my stock x pipe back in before inspection. Anyways thanks for the insight :)

"No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."
-Unknown

:lol:

silver03svt

Established Member
"No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."
-Unknown

:lol:

LOL! That was my quote I posted in another thread! Still makes me laugh too!

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol1:

Both those comments made me laugh. Especially the Ricer one Haha. What makes it funnier was one had a big fart cannon that was loud as hell, and the other had a loud ass turbo that I heard from inside the car. Both times he looked up and just went back to the citation.

Nice to know there is no more quota though .lol thanks for that

Last edited:

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
There never has been a quota..... And why all the fuss over 3 cops at a stop? By your own statement, only 1 actually pulled you over. The other 2 were there in case something went wrong....Cops can't see into the future. They don't know you from Adam. And the other cars that passed? The officer was busy writing your ticket. Maybe if you hadn't BSed with him so long, he could have gone after them. OH.... and why did you take your cats off? That's big no-no in this state..... You're lucky he didn't impound your car on the spot. Sounds to me like he cut you a major break......

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Umm for starters you have no idea what you are talking about considering you werent there. Where in that whole post does it say I was stuck there long? He talked to me for all of 2 min, and went back to run my license. I was there 10 min tops. Secondly, they both flipped on their lights and their horn, its not like the car rolled up after I had stopped , so technically they all pulled me over. Get your facts straight and stop assuming things. And lastly , nice to see the cops around my area want to take the easy road and pull over the loud mustang instead of the idiot ricers that are going to kill someone racing around the streets. That was my point, no disrespect to cops in general, but its true . He wasnt going to impound squat , he only knew that it "was too loud". And the 3 cop thing? well that was an honest question if you would actually read the post, all i asked was that if it they were bored or do they always have other cops with them at night. Last time i got pulled over i drove by a group of cops and only one came after me , let me know My taillight was out and that was that. See, simple, it was 2 sentences of my entire post, hardly a huge fuss like you say.

Im not trying to bash you at all but I dont appreciate you coming in here with that attitude and putting random assumptions. Anyways its been taken care of already, all is gravy

Last edited:

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
:poke: So which is it? 2 cops or 3 cops? Your story seems to be changing.....hmmmmm. You initially said "a motorcycle cop pulled me over". That would imply only 1. Now it's 2? When you respond, I bet it'll be 3. And I never said you were there long. WOW. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. sheesh...... And you're right, I wasn't there. You're lucky. I would have impounded your car. YOU asked the question in an open forum, so don't get upset when someone answers in a manner you don't like.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
It was 3 re read the post, there were 2 behind the motorcycle cop. And yes you did , heres your quote.
. Maybe if you hadn't BSed with him so long, he could have gone after them.

Hmmmm last i checked that implies i was there for long time. And you would impounded my car? ok i woulda gotten it back that same day, like i said, it was taken care of. I didnt have to do a dam thing.

Again the whole point of my response was to point out you were making stuff up. Not looking to make an enemy here, im not going to argue anymore.

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
I re-read the initial post.... I still see "So the other night a motorcycle cop pulls me over for "speeding"." :shrug: whatever.... I see that you have a history of police encounters by other posts in this section....... I'm sure this won't be the last time you're stopped. Hope to see you out there!

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Ya hope to see you too buddy. If you woulda read past that it also says there were 2 cops behind........... And if your talking about the speeding ticket in the other guys thread, that would be my only time ive ever been pulled over and actually given a ticket besides the retarded exhaust citation. not only that , that post is the ONLY other post in the donut section besides this thread ...so yeah.... real long history.

Either way like i said not making enemies. Have a good night see you around :beer:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
There is safety in numbers. The more cops, the more eyes, the safer. Plus a motorcycle is a small obstuction, with only so many lights... full sized cars are bigger and easier to see with bigger lights.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Its common practice when you're in an area with a lotta cops for them to back each other up on traffic stops. 3 is nothing. I've seen way more. He was busy with you, why would he stop his current stop to go after some loud cars??

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Don't remember the CVC dont have the ticket anymore its all taken care of. As for the safety in numbers I understand and agree 100% I was just irritated at the time. And I wasnt mad because the cars were loud as hell so much as the fact that they went zooming past us easily doing at least 60mph and it was a 35 mph zone. I would think that the loud exhaust would take a back seat to public safety... Thats all, but I agree with them backing him up.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Just curious how you addressed the issue - I would have retained my copy just for records sake.

Did he write you to have the exhaust inspected, or was it an actual "unsafe vehicle" citation?

Users who are viewing this thread