3" catted X-pipe for 07-10 GT500's

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I put long tubes on my car so I no longer need this X-pipe. It's a JBA 3" stainless steel X with high flow stainless cats. This is made to mate to the factory 07-10 manifolds and a 3" cat-back. I had this on my 2010 with a JBA / Shelby Super Snake 3" cat back for about a year (2k miles) and had no problems with it. This X and my cat back came from JBA when they still made quality parts and when they made quality parts, they made some of the best exhaust systems money could buy. Unfortunately not so much anymore, but that's beside the point. :nonono:
Anyway, this X-pipe has about 2k miles on it and other than the discoloring, is in like new condition. No leaks, no cat problems, no fitment issues. It would probably work with any 11+ size axle pipes with minor modification as well, but not sure if it'll fit 11+ manifolds; if they're the same as 10's then it should work with 11-12 also. I'm asking $200 shipped in the lower 48.
5EB0BEA2_zpsce858dc7.gif

8205B3B0_zps4c99df18.gif

1D50DDCC_zps124d2040.gif

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'd have to dig around to find some sound clips, but obviously the sound is going to be very dependent upon the cat back you use. I have the original Super Snake 3" JBA/Shelby cat back which has a real deep tone with minimal rasp. I've heard similar set ups with Magniflow 3" cat back and it sounded pretty dam good too. A full 3" exhaust system should free up quite a bit of power, but again the actual number will vary based on other mods. My car made 640 RWHP with this X installed and there was no reason to believe that it specifically was holding me back. Obviously quite a few other mods contributed to that number, but I couldn't really nail down exact gains for just this part. Bottom line, if your not gonna go long tubes, this is the next best option with cats.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
And since your in NJ, if you can pick it up or meet up with me, I'll knock $25 off the top for shipping.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'd have to dig around to find some sound clips, but obviously the sound is going to be very dependent upon the cat back you use. I have the original Super Snake 3" JBA/Shelby cat back which has a real deep tone with minimal rasp. I've heard similar set ups with Magniflow 3" cat back and it sounded pretty dam good too. A full 3" exhaust system should free up quite a bit of power, but again the actual number will vary based on other mods. My car made 640 RWHP with this X installed and there was no reason to believe that it specifically was holding me back. Obviously quite a few other mods contributed to that number, but I couldn't really nail down exact gains for just this part. Bottom line, if your not gonna go long tubes, this is the next best option with cats.

I've got magna flow magnapacks and to me they're too quiet. I'm looking for a louder more aggressive exhaust note. I currently have the stock mid pipe. I've considered the lethal performance h pipe but I keep seeing them FS here so I'm wondering what's wrong with it. I just had back surgery so I couldn't drive anywhere for at least two weeks but I'm def interested. I'm going to ask around and see if I can get some opinions on your x pipe. If you come across a sound clip lmk.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have one video of my car at the track, but I'm racing another car so it's hard to tell which car's exhaust you're actually hearing.
This video shows a GT500 with Magnapacks and a 3" high flow catted X. It's probably not specifically a JBA catted X, but they all pretty much sound the same. This will at least give you an idea.

If you're in the Monroe Twp that's near Williamstown, I can probably drop it off to you. I live in Gloucester County, so I'm not that far from there. If you're in the Monroe Twp up by Brunswick, it'll have to wait until you get better and I'll have to meet you somewhere. Just let me know.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Still have this, surprisingly. I can't believe no one wants a stainless steel 3" catted X pipe that will fit stock manifolds for less than the price of a 2 1/2" O/R aluminized X...

Users who are viewing this thread