3.90 Gears!!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Im about to order some 3.90's for the Cobra. I think these are better than 3.73's and 4.10's because 3.90's will almost run out 4th gear in the 1-4. Any ideas??? I did a search but I want last minute suggestions. Thanks guys.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
That's the ratio I have been waiting for also. But I was holding out for FRPP gears, they are supposed to be the most trouble free . What brand did you decide on? There are now several on the market.
Please let me know how the install goes and your feelings on the quality of the gear you select. I am getting tired of waiting!!!
Dana

SVT 03 Cobra

Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
305-35-18 nitto drag radials on the 03 18x10.5 inch chrome rims

If this size drag radial even exists... they won't help you transfer that torque, due to the short sidewall of that size tire. For better traction you need to reduce rim diameter, and keep or enlarge overall tire diameter. This gives you more sidewall to flex, in turn helping to prevent both wheelhop, and smoking of the tires.

Jayson

SVTdubs

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
That's the ratio I have been waiting for also. But I was holding out for FRPP gears, they are supposed to be the most trouble free . What brand did you decide on? There are now several on the market.
Please let me know how the install goes and your feelings on the quality of the gear you select. I am getting tired of waiting!!!
Dana

I was going to go with FRPP when they come out or Pro 5.0 gears.
I am waiting for someone to get them too...before I get them..haha we are doing the same thing

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
305-35-18 nitto drag radials on the 03 18x10.5 inch chrome rims

If you haven't bought the tires yet I'll sell them to you for $220 each plus shipping! Brand New never been on the car. email me or pm me if you're interested! :D

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Huh, since when does Nitto even make a 305/35/18 DR? :shrug: They make a 305/45/18 DR, but they are for the Lightning trucks. I think you need to check your tire sizes again.:rollseyes

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
Huh, since when does Nitto even make a 305/35/18 DR? :shrug: They make a 305/45/18 DR, but they are for the Lightning trucks. I think you need to check your tire sizes again.:rollseyes

Well I have a set sitting in the back of my Durango right now! AND THEY ARE 305/35/18's!!! I bought them from Discount Tire Direct! I think you need to check your information!! :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
OK, so when did these tires become available, because it's news to me? :shrug:

I don't know but I got them before last November?? So they have been out a little while? :shrug: :shrug: :beer:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
:shrug: Sorry but that is the first I have heard that Nitto had anything else out in a DR in 18" besides the 305/45/18 for the Lightnings. My bad, I'll check alittle closer next time :read: I'm sure ALL the ZO6 guys are glad to see that size become available. Let us know how they perform. :beer:

SVTdubs

Established Member
I guess they don't fit on the 10.5 inch rear. I now am going to be getting 295 rear's. That might change too! Its an ongoing process to find the correct mod!

Users who are viewing this thread