3.8 SC Owners PLEASE!

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
How did you guys do about the ineffective intercooler setup in you cars? I have a 95 that im putting a m90 on but i think i want to go with a front mount or another type. What did you guys do and what was the outcome?

please post pics

Blown38

Established Member
Check out SCCOA.com. There's a guy Kenne Wagner that makes a real nice double IC if you wanna keep the car stock looking. A 8" puller fan also helps alot.

I am using an intercooler from a isuzu NPR box truck as a front mount with a 100 tube kit from ebay. I love the setup I have after a pass down the track I can put my hand on the outlet pipe and not get burned.
DSC06457.jpg

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
i tried sccoa.com multiple times... they wont verify my account for some reason so i can never ask there. I dont want to use the supercoupe stock setup, because mines going in my mustang and i dont feel like buying the rad and all... im keeping my stock fan and rad. So i can basically run any intercooler i want, as long as i can mount it right?

90blkbrd

Established Member
i tried sccoa.com multiple times... they wont verify my account for some reason so i can never ask there.

The verification process is automated. Make sure your email system isn't blocking the signup verification email. Everyone who has posted to this thread is over there.

So i can basically run any intercooler i want, as long as i can mount it right?

Yes, just make sure it is big enough and the system doesn't leak.

Blown38

Established Member
Yup any IC you can physically make fit. Get 2.75" inlets and outlets. Thats what size the stock tubes are OD.

Rico, I have a 3.2 and 3.0 pulley commin for the blower. Wade thinks it'll make 24psi with the 3.0.:rockon:

Here's a pic of the double IC.
engine2.jpg

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
anyone got a stock 95 pulley they are looking to sell? i only want to make 9 lbs. then ill upgrade when i go ful forged.

ricardoa1

Established Member
Yup any IC you can physically make fit. Get 2.75" inlets and outlets. Thats what size the stock tubes are OD.

Rico, I have a 3.2 and 3.0 pulley commin for the blower. Wade thinks it'll make 24psi with the 3.0.:rockon:

Here's a pic of the double IC.
engine2.jpg

Nice, You got a Quarter Horse right? Dave will be tuning I hope.

I was making 21-22 with 15 total od

3.25 is about stock so a 3.00 should be around a 10% od. Plus your 20% from your crank and JS you should be at 30%
I hope your IC does a good job ;)

Users who are viewing this thread