3.7l v6 VS "TUCHDIS" S2 Srt4

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Told ya I was gonna come through again fellas! :banana:

I wanna start by saying I was a little mis-informed before... 265whp 318wtq on 93oct, no race gas.

So I strapped on the dr's and eased on out last night to see if this guy was out. As soon as I show up, the sh!t starts getting slung! All he keeps saying is how strong it is from a 40roll, that I have no clue how much harder its pulling compared to our last run, etc etc. He immediately starts backing out of the dig run, which was the whole reason of us running again to begin with.... typical. After he mentioned the sticky mickys I had on, I knew that run won't gonna happen. I didn't even get a chance to take pics of his plates and spraypainted hood/trunk, but ya'll will just have to take my word for it lol.

I won't explain too much of the runs, the video kinda sorta shows what happened. We went from two 25 rolls, one he missed a gear. Got him by 1-1.5 from that roll. The 45 rolls were real tight! He would pull ahead a fender, then I would pull even at 120, then pull anywhere from a license plate to a half car up to 130-140.

You can see in the vids he went on the 2nd honk 3 different times. He tried to tell everyone he outran me all 40rolls, and he didnt steal any hits. Bullshit. The go pro was mounted right at the end, right below the little 1/4-window , so going off that you can tell I was out at the end of each run, except for maybe one I had to let out due to a car coming off a ramp.

At the end though, I made him shake my hand, and on that handshake, he agreed that I beat him every run "You had the faster car tonight".

Another gopro vid, at night, but you can get a good enough idea of what happened, hopefully. I think the v6 shined once again, really showing off its topend abilities last night. Far from fast, but not exactly slow.. :rockon:

Heres the vid. Thanks for taking a look at the thread and the vid! :beer:

'12 3.7l v6 Mustang VS Stage2 Srt4 - YouTube

jacker1991

Established Member
Very nice runs! That V6 is running strong. Pretty sure you can put some pre-2011 GTs to shame. The dig run would have been a waste of time imo, you would have destroyed him so no point. Gratz on the nice car! :D

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Wow..nice runs, man! :beer:
Those V6s impress me more and more each time I see them run.

I really have to try and get a run with a modded one to see how it will turn out. They do seem to run really stong..

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Good kills, you definitely have a strong running car there
Thanks bud! Can't WAIT to get up to VMP and see what the slips look like now! :burnout:

Very nice runs! That V6 is running strong. Pretty sure you can put some pre-2011 GTs to shame. The dig run would have been a waste of time imo, you would have destroyed him so no point. Gratz on the nice car! :D
Thanks for the compliments bud! Here's a couple vids against some 3vs at the track. The black one doesn't count, it was bone stock and my buddy had never been to the track. The burgundy one in both is the same car. Excuse the vid quality and my mother-in-law in this first one, she gets excited!
2012 3.7l v6 m6 Mustang vs. 3v s197 m5 Mustang - YouTube
2012 Mustang 3.7l v6- 1/8th mile racing against 3vs + others - YouTube

Nice runs indeed. Nice videos too, thanks for not putting some cheesy rap songs on them.
:beer: Not as good as daytime vids, but clear enough to get the point across. To be honest, I suck at editing, lol. My brother usually does my vids, and although I do listen to some rap, it gets no play in my vids! :beer:

Wow..nice runs, man! :beer:
Those V6s impress me more and more each time I see them run.

I really have to try and get a run with a modded one to see how it will turn out. They do seem to run really stong..
I think I would be a good run for a mild bolton Mach. There's a couple around here, but one in particular I would like to get ahold of for a couple pulls. Thanks for the compliments bud! :beer:

Nice kill
Thank you sir!

Nice runs!! The 3.7 gettin' it done!!

'Perciate it dad! Thanks for loaning the tires and the gopro! The tires may not have been necessary for most of these runs, but the cam sure did come in handy! :beer:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good job...
BeerForYou.gif

Your Mustang is quite the performer, sir! I actually like the way that it sounds, as well...:thumbsup:

09VistaBlueGT

Established Member
Nice kills, that SRT4 is a quick car but you held him off! Any idea what those cars weigh? They are under 3000lbs if I remember right...

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Good job...
BeerForYou.gif

Your Mustang is quite the performer, sir! I actually like the way that it sounds, as well...:thumbsup:
Thank you sir! Really looking forward to seeing some timeslips, roller-numbers, something! Lol :beer:

Nice kills, that SRT4 is a quick car but you held him off! Any idea what those cars weigh? They are under 3000lbs if I remember right...

Thanks! I think they are around 2800-2900lbs. He was probably around 3100lbs max race weight to my 3650lb race weight.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Interesting little fun-fact....

I get a message on FB from a local Evo guy saying "You made Donald sell his car.." Im thinking WTF is this guy talking about. Turns out sometime Saturday, the very next day after these runs, he went and traded the srt4 in for a bike.

Im not saying these losses are why he got rid of it, but he was just talking that night about the turbo swap he was getting ready to do, he hasn't made ANY mention of a motorcycle before this. Coincidence.... or the biggest sore-loser of all time?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good run's O.P! Car doesn't sound like your avg V6 and thats a good thing!! I really wonder what my 335i would do against one.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice runs! You should put a small shot on it and really hurt some feelings.

Boost it.

Grab some cheap MHI 16g's (one per bank) and have someone build a manifold and downpipes. Then if you ever need to upgrade, you can get a shitton of bigger snails out there running dsm 7cm2 flanges.

And LOL, losing to a 6 made him sell his car!

Last edited:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
When I smoke you on video im puttin a rap song on it lol and nice runs op that v6 does work son! What are your future mods

'Preciate it bro! Next mods have to be more suspension work. Its cool and all to say I can pull the front wheel(s) on a v6, but I need to go out, not up, to get the times I'm chasing! Next go-mods will probably be ported upper/lower intake manis, depending on how they work out for my dad. F/I will come in the picture one day, but probably will have to wait until it's paid off. Im thinking mid-12's are attainable while n/a... we'll see.

Nice runs! You should put a small shot on it and really hurt some feelings.
It's crossed my mind! But the first cat to try the juice grenaded his motor. I'll just let others play with that route while I save for boost! :beer:
Good run's O.P! Car doesn't sound like your avg V6 and thats a good thing!! I really wonder what my 335i would do against one.
Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure how a run agaisnt a modded 335i would go. I know the tunes do wonders, I would think that and some exhaust work would probably handle my car?

MagnaSRT

Established Member
Im an srt4 owner and i gotta say nice kill OP. Nice car you have there too man.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread