3.73 vs 4.10

ShakeNBake

Established Member
i Had a 06 GT with 4.10's and 3.73's and to be honest the shock acceleration was insane with the 4.10's tire marks sideways sliding at 35mph lol the 3.73 are also great perfect for street performance and long drives I Just didn't like the 4.10s after a while my wife always thought i was going to race something because the engine was always screaming when cruising.

05ArmyGT

Established Member
I love my 4.10's >.< dont bash on them!!! its like a new car!! nothing compares to the intense throw you in the back seat feeling....

jokerzwild

Established Member
4:10's in a GT/CS Auto, CIA, ORH pipe, magnaflows, Mutha Thumpers Short 1st gear but other than that its great for me.. Glad I went with the 10's.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Alright I have a 5.0 Cobra so I know the performance factor will be different but take it for what it's worth...

I started out with 4.10's... Loved them at first and then quickly grew tired of them. Absolutely killed my gas mileage, made traffic and driving through town a nightmare, and believe it or not they were slower than my 3,73's (yes I know a 4.6 will probably be faste with the shorter gear)

Switched to 3.73's this spring and absolutely love them! Gas mileage is greatly improved, lots less shifting, and it's better in the 1/4 because i will not have to go into 4th.

You couldn't pay me to go back to 4.10's!

05ArmyGT

Established Member
well some superchargers dont really like 4.10's all too much, not to mention I believe the tranny is different between vehicles which may have also had an effect on you.

V8Demon

Established Member
I have 3.73's with the 5R55S......I'm also running 28 inch tall tires......If I were not upgrading my blower and keeping everything else the same I would go 4.30's tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread