3-5rwhp loss at most?

Sny714

Established Member
With my mods listed in my signature, if I welded Flow 2 chambers into my MAC catback how much hp can be lost? Im thinking at most it can be 2-3rwhp. I do like my macs but I think my exhaust can sound better at times. Above 4k rpm I couldnt ask for a better sound, but Im not always up there. I have the shorty offroad H pipe in my garage and didnt like that sound either(with macs). I prefer the X pipe I have over the mac offroad H for mac mufflers. I had an offroad H and flows on my '89 Notch and I miss the sound. Im curious how the flows will sound with my o/r X pipe and LT.

(The reason I would have the flows welded in to the MAC catback is bc the mac cb has better tailpipes.)

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
remember a 4.6 will never sound like a 5.0, no matter what mufflers you use.

stangkid

Established Member
The only way to get anything close to that 5.0 sound will be with a Mac Pro Chamber midpipe with some chambered mufflers like Flowmaster or Mac.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
The only way to get anything close to that 5.0 sound will be with a Mac Pro Chamber midpipe with some chambered mufflers like Flowmaster or Mac.

Yep, when I added a catted prochamber I got that cool hollow pushrod motor sound. Sounded nice! :beer:

A PC even an offroad one will be slightly less harsh than an offroad H or X too which is nice for a daily driver.

Sny714

Established Member
Im not trying to make the 4.6 sound like a 5.0. I like the way flows sound on 4.6's. Hi-Hats car sounds good but I know some longtubes sound different than others. I'll probably order them and have them welded in. I have the Offroad X on and an Offroad H in my garage, it will be nice to have a choice after installing both midpipes.

Users who are viewing this thread