3.55 for my 6A, Yea or Nay?

91Gtturbo

Established Member
So my 13 is scheduled to be delivered in the next couple of weeks and I had the dealership scheduled to make the gear change when it arrived. The more I read, the less I'm inclined to make the switch. I plan no more than minor modifications so I turn to you guys, yea or nay?

drewzx3

Established Member
I vote no. Seen the same car at the track one time with more mods and 3.55's running the same time I was when he had a tune and Im only running the frpp pro cal tune. My friends car was a couple tenths faster with the same mods and stock gears.

scotmach

Established Member
Nay. The fastest N/A autos are running 3.31's. Also depending on your tire size 3.55's will have you shifting into 4th before you cross the line. A tune should be the first thing on the list. My car with stock 3.15's and some suspension work will destroy the tires if I don't feather it.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
ive got 3:31's would like 3:55's but the change would be minimal, not worth the cost...but if i did i'd have to get a tune upgrade right?

91Gtturbo

Established Member
Nay. The fastest N/A autos are running 3.31's. Also depending on your tire size 3.55's will have you shifting into 4th before you cross the line. A tune should be the first thing on the list. My car with stock 3.15's and some suspension work will destroy the tires if I don't feather it.

What exactly are the faster N/A setups? I'm sure they're far more radical than I intend to be so the gear should make up a little?

scotmach

Established Member
What exactly are the faster N/A setups? I'm sure they're far more radical than I intend to be so the gear should make up a little?

Jimmy Vaccaro has been 11.4 and WBT has been 11.00. Both have a full exhaust, tune, converter, and tire. Not that radical if you ask me.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I agree drag times may not increase and the super low 1st gear in these 6A's really gets them moving out of the whole quickly. But in daily driving these 3.15's just feel downright lazy. It seems forever to get into the high rpm's which I can't stand. I did my research and it seems 3.73 was a little much because of first but most people who put in 3.55's loved them.

Also I have run with 17 inch Dr's with my 3.15 which forced it to shift into
4th right before the line but I still ran .1 faster than my 19" street tires. I don't think shifting into 4th is a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread