3.4 whipple pump gas. Boost?

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Wondering if anyone else has a similar set up.
Wondering what kind of boost everyone is running on 93 pump gas. I currently have a 3.5 upper on the car making 20 pounds with the factory manifolds but I'm installing a set of 1 7/8 longtubes and 3 inch x pipe. I know boost will drop which is a good thing but was thinking of maybe dropping to a 3.25 upper pulley. What's the most boost people are seeing on a 3.4 with pump gas?

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Most say 18psi max on 93 but yet others push it. bottom line the closer you get to the fire the more likely you are gonna get burned one tank of iffy gas and your screwed. For instance gas truck comes and puts 87 in 93 tank you don't think it gets pumped out do you?

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Most say 18psi max on 93 but yet others push it. bottom line the closer you get to the fire the more likely you are gonna get burned one tank of iffy gas and your screwed. For instance gas truck comes and puts 87 in 93 tank you don't think it gets pumped out do you?

Very true. I'm sure once I get my longtubes installed te boost will drop to 18-19 psi and should be perfect. Hopefully lol looking to make 750.

Mach828

Established Member
Boost and octane is only part of the equation. Have to factor in iat and timing as well. A conservative timing table, with aggressive timing pull based on air charge, with upgraded engine and intercooler coolant systems mods will help keep it from detonating.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Who are you tuned by? I would definitely talk to your tuner and figure out what your timing is set at. After you install the LTs you may want to start running Torco just keep things safe. 750whp is definitely pushing it on a stock 07 GT500 engine.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
On my 14.
93 octane tune
3.5 upper, stock lower, 1 7/8" LT's, " green " catted X pipe, stock mufflers.
Boost - 19.21

Nsssane1

Established Member
I run 22.5#'s with a Vmp GenII, and use a meth kit for safety. In case of bad fuel.

Think my Whipple 2.9 I had with A 10%od and 3.00 upper was around 19#'s and didn't run meth. No problems. But I don't dog the car out either or track it. Its a true street car.

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
I run 22.5#'s with a Vmp GenII, and use a meth kit for safety. In case of bad fuel.

Think my Whipple 2.9 I had with A 10%od and 3.00 upper was around 19#'s and didn't run meth. No problems. But I don't dog the car out either or track it. Its a true street car.

Same here not really a track car just mainly street pulls

brandonflood123

Established Member

hey pm me when you get a min i got some questions, i got a 2010 where i plan on doing a similar setup as what you had. and wanted to know what kinda numbers and stuff you had and how drivable it was. timing ect. thanks!

nxhappy

Established Member
Wondering if anyone else has a similar set up.
Wondering what kind of boost everyone is running on 93 pump gas. I currently have a 3.5 upper on the car making 20 pounds with the factory manifolds but I'm installing a set of 1 7/8 longtubes and 3 inch x pipe. I know boost will drop which is a good thing but was thinking of maybe dropping to a 3.25 upper pulley. What's the most boost people are seeing on a 3.4 with pump gas?

20lbs on 93 is edgy. But you can use Torco to raise it up a little.

If I were you, I would keep the pulley you have now. You are going to gain some power with those LTs and X pipe. And lessen the boost, which is what you want.

jonw605

Established Member
Could add some safety with E85. Depends on your injectors and if you have it in your area.
Just a thought. Or torco in the tank is some good insurance.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a two time member... pushing pump gas too far... bad idea!!

Got octane? :) I am going to do some testing with my race tune when it warms up here. :burnout:

100 octane.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread