3.4 Whipple Pulley Fitment

serper3

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a question about what the biggest pulley size I can run with a 3.4 Whipple?
I have the 3.4l whipple already, putting the fuel system together currently. I will be converting to e85. Going return, 105 lb/hr injectors, with the twin 400lph pumps. I do not want to have to re work my fuel system when i build the motor.

I am currently on the stock shortblock and would like to keep it a bit more safe than the 23-25psi 3.5" stock pulley. (this is what i have read seems to be typical. i have stock exhaust manifolds currently) I tried to search but couldn't really find much info on what pulleys work.. i know the hood must be cut anyway, but can the 3.8" pulley that lethal sells fit? i do not want a new hood, or deal with kmember spacers, or ditch the caged crank pulley, since this is a somewhat temporary boost level i will be running.
i think with the 3.8" pulley, 21-22psi should be okay, as long as the pulley fits. any ideas guys? worst case, i can run the 3.5" and run less timing...?

Users who are viewing this thread