3.4 Whipple Crusher or Roush 2.3

TheGreatWhite5.0

Established Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Here’s my issue: I have a built motor coyote on 10.45:1 compression (robbing me of power) and I’m pretty maxed out on my current setup. My 2014 GT with Roush 2.3 has a 69mm pulley, ported elbow, whipple twin 68mm TB, Pmas cold air, Kooks headers/high flow xpipe, 6r80 car. Tuned by Lund on 91 with Boostane (octane booster) additive. Car made 677rwhp and 554rwtq. My goal is to make 900rwhp since my block isn’t sleeved. I’m already looking at getting a Sai Li fuel system to run E-85. I also have an 8-rib kit with a 15% lower pulley going on the car. The problem is now the blower will be spinning like crazy producing a lot of heat at 16psi. I have afco 2x fan heat exchanger and mishimoto big radiator. So I’m thinking of just going big and running a whipple 3.4 crusher. Everytime I look on youtube there isn’t much info on them or they’re getting beat and idk anyone running a 3.4 crusher on a 5.0. Wondering if I will have to worry about heat soak? How will it run compared to my 2.3? Am I giving up anything down low? Is it more efficient now with the new Gen3 rotor packs/casing? How will it compare/compete against a 2.3 or 2.9 car? Any info is appreciated!

Recon

Established Member
I’d go with the Crusher or wait for the VMP 2.65L TVS to come out.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread