3/4 or 4/6 drop kits????

CKTA

Established Member
Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone makes a 3/4 or 4/6 drop kit that contains drop leaf springs (or flip kit for a 6" drop) for these trucks. Everywhere I look only has hanger/shackle kits and I really don't wanna go that route.

Also, if not.....has anyone ever used Hotchkiss 2" drop leafs and a 2" drop shackle for a 4" drop in the rear?

Thanks in adavnce.

CKTA

Established Member
Also, after more searching/reading I see that the DJM 4/6 kit for a F150 WILL fit a Lightning? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
yea the djm 4/6 kit will work on lightnings. you need shocks front and rear. camber kit and maybe extenders for the rear depending on what shock you go with.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I used the Hotchkis leafs with 2" shackles and you dont want to run this unless you c-notch the rear... worst ride ever without one. Its more like a 4.5" drop with those leafs and shackles... I sold mine and went back to stock leafs with hangers and shackles and c-notch and I couldnt be happier. I also like the belltech 3/4 kit... nice look and have heard good things about it.

EOC

Established Member
Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone makes a 3/4 or 4/6 drop kit that contains drop leaf springs (or flip kit for a 6" drop) for these trucks. Everywhere I look only has hanger/shackle kits and I really don't wanna go that route.

Also, if not.....has anyone ever used Hotchkiss 2" drop leafs and a 2" drop shackle for a 4" drop in the rear?

Thanks in adavnce.

I have the Hotchkis TVS with with 2" Hotchkis Drop Shackles and 2" drop spindles. It's about a 3.5/4.5" drop:
DSC_1220.jpg

CKTA

Established Member
I have the Hotchkis TVS with with 2" Hotchkis Drop Shackles and 2" drop spindles. It's about a 3.5/4.5" drop:
DSC_1220.jpg

So the truck above has 2" leafs, 2" shackles and spindles and springs in the front?

Looks great BTW! :thumbsup:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator

Thanks in adavnce.

Do NOT run a deep 4x4 tranny pan with a 6" drop. The drain plug hangs below the frame and it does hit on bumps.

Makes a red mess everywhere.:nonono:

NORCALSTI

Established Member
I have both djm/belltech kits sitting here brand new in the box. Im good friends with Mike at djm and chris at belltech :)

Lightning larry long time no see last time i saw you you bought those 18 inch boyd coddingtons from me here in san fran.

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
I have both djm/belltech kits sitting here brand new in the box. Im good friends with Mike at djm and chris at belltech :)

Lightning larry long time no see last time i saw you you bought those 18 inch boyd coddingtons from me here in san fran.

So you're going to put both kits on at the same time, right? lol

NORCALSTI

Established Member
nah i have even brand new belltech kits here all new in boxes i need to put on craigslist just been busy.

hell i got so many brand new left over parts here for prob 10-15 trucks. 8 rear kits alone lol

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
i thought it wasnt a good idea to use the flip over rear kits for our trucks becuase of the globs of torque our L's produce? or was the a C notch?

Not a Great idea!

SS_THIS had a flipkit and snapped the bracket when he ripped it one day, but he was pushing +600TQ.

what did he end up tearing apart? was it the actual C notch bracket? anyway to reinforce that puppy to handle the torque?

First time I got on it!

DSC01622-2.gif

DSC01623.gif

It did look good though

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread