3.1 pulley and canned predator pulley tune

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Anyone tried this? I just put on a 3.1 pulley and the 91 octane pulley tune and I would like to know if anyone has tried and dyno this combination.

Old Snake

Be very careful. I put a 3.1 on mine with no tune and a/f was so lean I couldn't even run it through a full dyno pull (19:1). Pulled it off until I could get a chip or a programmer.

ALA G8R

Banned
ghostrydyr said:
Anyone tried this? I just put on a 3.1 pulley and the 91 octane pulley tune and I would like to know if anyone has tried and dyno this combination.

Assuming you're talking about the Predator 91 octane pulley tune, you'll be fine. When you dyno get the A/F recorded. Then use the dyno run chart and get a custom tune afterwards.

DOHC03

Established Member
I have been using a 3.1 with the canned predator 93 octane tune and it has been working good for me. I have about 20,000 miles with this combo, the tune was a little on the rich side, but thats how I wanted it. It made 449rwhp when I dynoed it with mods in sig.

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Thanks guys!

DOHC03 we have almost the same set up and similar even on the cars mileage. I am running the 3.1 pulley and the predator regular pulley tune not the 91 octane tune.

I actualy followed ALA G8R's set up except I don't have the 2.93 but the 3.1. I use the predator pullet tune, from 2k - 4k I richened it up -12.5% and from 4k - 7k I leaned it out 5%.

I'm getting no ping and the car pulls very nicely. I will have to get it on the dyno to make sure.

Can you guys tell me which computer Ford code you cars have? My car came with the YDH1 code on the passenger side door.

Thank you and happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread