3.1 and 2lbs lower?

gunslinger

Established Member
is this too conservative with tb/stage 2 cams / kooks lts/mac pro chamber/mac cb/jlt cai/ gordsford he with fans/ ic ice box/ maybe a flip chip for a 2.8 upper at the track? living in vegas. i wanna keep blower cool and not overspinning. thanks for input

Rwick7

Established Member
I would just put on a 2.80 and leave it alone. No reason to spend to dough on a lower to get to 14-15 psi...when you can do it with just a 2.80.

Unless of course you want to make changes at the track like you were saying.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
stlblack03 said:
I would just put on a 2.80 and leave it alone. No reason to spend to dough on a lower to get to 14-15 psi...when you can do it with just a 2.80.

My thoughts exactly. I don't have a problem daily driving at all with 2.8

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'm guessing he wants the 2 lb lower so that he can have the 2.80 and the 2 lb lower for the track.

I wouldn't say that is too conservative, especially since you will be on street legal tires. If I were you I'd get the billetflow upper with the interchangeable rings, and get a 2.8 and 3.1, and you would be able to change them real fast without needing a pulley puller.

hj16

Established Member
Id personally do a 6lb lower with a 3.4 upper for street driving and just swap to a 3.0 or 3.1 for the track. Bigger the upper the better.

Users who are viewing this thread