3.0L Gas Mileage

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Hey guys,
I am fairly new to the SVT Contours but have liked them since they came out. I am usually over in the Terminator section of this site but I had a question about a possible 98 SVTC I am looking at purchasing.

The guy thats selling it swapped out the 2.5 for a 3.0. Now I am looking at getting this car as my daily driver and giving the cobra a break for a while. I know 2.5 to 3.0 might not be a huge difference, but I was just curious what kind of gas mileage people have been getting out of there 3.0 swaps.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think I actually got better mileage in my 3.0L, it definitely wasn't any worse.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Roughly, what kind of mileage were you getting, city and highway? The mileage on the Cobra is terrible in the city but on the highway it's around 24 or 25.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Don't recall. Its going on 3 or 4 years since I got rid of mine.

brapple

Established Member
it its running right you should be getting stock milage if not slightly better. I know with my 3L turbo and staying out of the boost, was also set to 3 psi i neared 24 mpg highway miles on a trip, and that was before the tune was completely dialed in.

if you drive it easy the milage shouldn't be a problem. a proper tune will definately help as we had a number of ported 3Ls with a/f ratios in the 11s on the dyno.

elraido

Established Member
My 3.0L got 34ish mpg on the way home after I bought it (400 miles running 60 mph almost the whole time). That is with the ztec final drive gear.

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
I agree, my 3.0l turbo gets great highway gas mileage when out of boost, but its soo damn hard not to hit boost in it. 3200 rpm's come quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread