2vGT vs Faleen?

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
lonely night all is calm in the deserted hwys or mexico listening to the soothing music of metallica going a steady speed until from a distance i spy a set of familiar taillights with what seemed to be a SALEEN? the exhaust wasnt loud the tires werent meaty the body said SALEEN the wheels said stock anthracite bullits. what was i to expect? instigate or keep my 2V pride? what was i to do? the decision was short but i took a chance. i lined up next to him and paced him for awhile, well no actually for 10-15 seconds until it was on. one thing that i did notice was that the car appeared to be stock 4x4 height and not lowered or anything which just gave me doubt and some fear. will the Saleen put me down or will the 2V come out victorious and put a SALEEN under his belt? my 2V's bark was loud so loud the saleen at this point was bearly unheard. the SALEEN gave me a a tug and tried to speed up before even honking and i kept up and paced again. i honk it off he takes the jump but i dont stay to far behind i quickly swallow him alive and put 2 1/2 cars on him i let off at 130 and slow down to let the SALEEN catch up i figured he might want a rematch and he does this time i hear him drop a gear and so i get ready this time he honks and the 3rd i somehow have traction issues :shrug: and i pass him up this time putting 1 1/2 cars on him. i let it go after that it wasnt worth my time anymore no supercharger no nothing come to think of it it might of just been a v6 or a regular gt with a bodykit.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
bolt ons and i just recently got a new intake manifold with msd igniton plugs thinking of going back to nitrous, got to pay if you want to play.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Not sure why you would be scared of a Saleen???? Was it a 94-04 or an 05+ body style car?

The regular S281's are just a GT with suspension mods and ofcourse the different body pieces. A "base" GT with your mods should walk a stock 2valve S281. A supercharged car would get you for sure but obviously the car you ran wasnt SC'd. If it was an S197 car then it probably was a cloned sixer for you to pull on it like you did because even an NA 3valve would have been a good run for you I think. Good run.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
Not sure why you would be scared of a Saleen???? Was it a 94-04 or an 05+ body style car?

The regular S281's are just a GT with suspension mods and ofcourse the different body pieces. A "base" GT with your mods should walk a stock 2valve S281. A supercharged car would get you for sure but obviously the car you ran wasnt SC'd. If it was an S197 car then it probably was a cloned sixer for you to pull on it like you did because even an NA 3valve would have been a good run for you I think. Good run.

it was a 99-04 body style i doubt it was a v6 it did have that flowmaster sound to it but it sounded like it still had cats on.

Users who are viewing this thread