2V vs LS1

2000GT-281

Established Member
I raced a buddy of mine this past week. He has a 2000 T/A with full Magnaflow exhaust, all free mods, lid, bellows, ported TB, EGR delete, and a short throw(327hp/341tq on mustang dyno). Now, I am going turbo in a week or two, so I raced him to see what the difference will be like before and after. With this said and with the mods I have listed, we raced twice.
First, we went from a second gear roll. Through second, and third, I was ahead by about a foot, then we let off for traffic.
Second, we went from a dig. I was ahead by 4 cars through two gears and I had to pedal it to get traction. Of course, traffic again.
It was good fun, and both cars sound sick as h*ll. Just like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

P.S. I made 309hp/321tq on a DynoJet. I have an 8.5-1 compression motor.

SlwSVT

Established Member
Sounds like he can't drive as good as you (Driver Mod FTW). What turbo kit and size you going with? 600rwhp should not be a problem with that built motor.

Last edited:

2000GT-281

Established Member
Its a PTK turbo kit with a GT40. Im shooting for a little over 500hp/500tq. Whatever it takes to get both over 500 to the wheels. I want to upgrade trans/clutch before I go any higher. Dont want them to go out too fast. I know its just a matter of time.

2000GT-281

Established Member
Yeah, I really pride myself on being able to drive my car. I raced an SRT-10 truck last Saturday. Not sure of mods, but walked him by 4-5 cars up to 120-130mph.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
your car is very strong n/a and low compression. most cars dont make that kind of power with higher compression. def. gonna be sick with forced induction on there

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
When my 2V dynoed 390rwhp from the Vortech, I would just have a slipping clutch anytime I would slam gears. You will want your clutch immediately, trust me...

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Sounds like your buddy need to sell his M6 T/A and get and get an A4 [ Auto ]

With your turbo it wont even be worth the gas, find a LS1 car with a better driver.

2000GT-281

Established Member
Sounds like your buddy need to sell his M6 T/A and get and get an A4 [ Auto ]

With your turbo it wont even be worth the gas, find a LS1 car with a better driver.

Well, I ran into an LS2 GTO with a better driver. He makes in the 430rwhp range. A bit more on the torque, thats all he said. It was full bolt-ons minus heads. He took me by 2 cars in the 1/4. I took him out of the hole, but he got me in third.

Users who are viewing this thread