2V Turbo Catback?

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
I've been lookin for a while now and can't seem to find and good vids or info on a new catback for my 2000 GT turbo. The one the fella before me put in is too small and has a wicked exhaust leak on the passenger side and I'm looking for opinions on a new one. I don't want to draw too much attention from the popo but I'm thinking the SLP Loudmouth 1's are what I'll be going with.

Just wondering if anyone out there has them on a turbo car and if it's muffled by the turbo at all?

Plus the ricer side of me misses being about to hear the turbo at idle from my SRT4. Though that was a much smaller turbo compared to my 70mm now.

Any thoughts and/or info is appreciated!

gixxer1kr

Established Member
I'm running pypes high flow cats with stock headers with slp loudmouths and love em, If u keep the revs down its quiet. When u get on it above 3g all hell breaks loose.im running a centri blower. Got some BBK tuned length Shorty headers on the way.

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
The problem there is like like to hit boost and that doesn't happen till almost 4k lol. I'm also thinking magnaflow for a little more money. I just wanna do it right the first time so i don't have to redo it like i'm now doing with my front tires

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Look for an SRS catback, not sure if they make them anymore but a buddy of mine with a turbod GT has it on there and it sounds SWEET, its the straight through design muffler

itSSlow98

Established Member
You'd be suprised at how much a catback, even a very good flowing one will hurt power and spool time. What I did was put an electric cutout at the end of the downpipe, and then run a single pipe to a magnaflow straight through 14x9 muffler dumped at the axle. I pick up about 35rwhp with the cutout open and it spools a few hundred rpm quicker. The car is boen stock silent with it closed and very loud open. Just fyi.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
My brother has a 00 GT with a .67 precision turbo. I had a SLP LM1 cat back for my car but my build was far from ready so I slapped it on replacing a Steeda cat back. It was night and day. Sounds awesome, but it is very loud. I love it, and it is great for the turbo. (Strait through, no chamber)

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
Thanks for the help guys!

I can add a cutout later down the road if i go with a catback now right? Monies a little tight trying to finish this car up for the summer and I'm not in real need of more power at the moment.

edit: Also what brand cutouts are you using and how well are they holding up?

Last edited:

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread