2V to 4V conversion....

SVTMang

Established Member
I'm sure this has been harped over time and time again that you should do a complete engine swap to do this conversion but I have a chance to get a 67mm Turboed 02 2V pretty cheap with an MMR block in it (Not sure on exact specs on car as a dealer has it). I have planned on test driving the hell out of the car before I buy it to make sure someone didn't trade it in to get out from under it. Guy supposedly traded it in on a new Z06. From my understanding I can change timing sets as well as the timing cover and bolt the 4V heads up. My question is as far as ecm issues would I have to swap an entire cobra wiring harness and ecm into the car for everything to work properly such as the cam position sensors since there's 2 more cams and obviously the timing notches in the cam are prob different or is there a way around that?

SVO 85

Established Member
I don't know about just a head swap but I just finished putting a 4V complete motor into my GT. I used the stock GT ECU and harness. I also picked up a MSD harness for the COPS so I didn't have to hack the GT wiring apart.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Pm Kevin@wicked on here he has done the conversion a few times using just the heads on existing engines.

Users who are viewing this thread