2V to 4V Conversion

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
What all will be needed to put a built 4 valve in my GT????? Will the computer or harness need to be changed. Need specific details because I wanna start on this soon. Tried a search and found nothing, so if there is a thread out there please direct me. Thanks

On another note, what all is required to go with a fuel injected pushrod motor also???? Want a motor setup like novi357's but without FI.

Last edited:

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
All I can tell you for certain is that you will need a new intake manifold (even though that is kinda a given) and as for the bottom end. . .Cobras have a different crank and 2 more main bolts on each journal. So the bottom end will not be as strong and will not be able to spin as high. As for the harness. . . I believe the two are the same. However I may be mistaken and someone will chime in and correct me if I am.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
The factory computer and harness will work with a 4v swap just need to extend certain wires n harness(coil wires and iac) on my car. The swap is pretty direct as long as you have all the parts you need, depeneding on what your actual plans are for the motor. As far as going with a fuel injected pushrod I have no idea lol other then a full harness and ecu from prob an 94 or 95 mustang

Erich

Established Member
You will need exhaust manifolds for the 4V, a flywheel if yours is 6 bolt, the engine drops in and will work with the GT computer. You may want to get it tuned when you have the blower on it.
Erich

Users who are viewing this thread