2V to 4v conversion

WashburnGT

Established Member
I finally finished saving enough money for a KB. Now that I have the money Im considering not getting it and doing something different. I was mulling over the idea of getting 4v heads for my GT. I was thinking that rather than get a supercharger now I can get the 4v heads...get a supercharger later and be better off all around. Also with the money I was going to spend on the KB I can get all new forged-internals. I was also thinking about getting boost-a-spark while I was at it. Maybe try and think of some other stuff while Im at it...
Anyway...I just wanted to get you all's opinion on whether or not this a worth it or if it is a stupid idea. :shrug:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
In all honesty you should do both. A KB setup will run you what... $3200 installed? Tack on the internals and 4V heads and you're approaching $6-7K. You might as well get yourself a 32V S/C crate motor.

Then look at the rest of the drivetrain. By the time you see the overall picture of semi-reliable drivetrain parts, getting a decent used Terminator might be the best route to go.

XtremeAceX

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
In all honesty you should do both. A KB setup will run you what... $3200 installed? Tack on the internals and 4V heads and you're approaching $6-7K. You might as well get yourself a 32V S/C crate motor.

Then look at the rest of the drivetrain. By the time you see the overall picture of semi-reliable drivetrain parts, getting a decent used Terminator might be the best route to go.

i agree with platinum. The motor with the S/C would be a better way to go, and maybe a used 03/04 Cobra might be an even better route.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
i agree with platinum. The motor with the S/C would be a better way to go, and maybe a used 03/04 Cobra might be an even better route.

+1

Less work , and I would guess not much more for a used 03/04 motor.

Users who are viewing this thread