2v question, Procharger or vortech

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
well this is easy, p1sc or s-trim at 8#, AND WHY. thanks, i will be getting the mongoose kit at mph or procharger p1sc in about 2 weeks. anyother blower suggestions are welcome (no nos or turbo).

Wicked

Established Member
dteal23 said:
well this is easy, p1sc or s-trim at 8#, AND WHY. thanks, i will be getting the mongoose kit at mph or procharger p1sc in about 2 weeks. anyother blower suggestions are welcome (no nos or turbo).

My vote is for the P1SC. The P1SC has a straight cut impeller that makes better low end boost. Better low end boost means better low end torque which make around town driving much more enjoyable.

I bought the 10 psi kit(3.2 pulley) for my GT and actually saw 12psi. I now have the same kit on my Cobra and see 13 psi and make 455/441.

What I love about the P1 is that I see 2-3psi of boost at 2000rpm and ~5 psi of boost at 3000rpm. The helical impeller blowers require higher rpm before they actually start to make boost. A straight cut impeller like the P1 will make better boost at low rpms. Of course the straight cut impeller blower will run out of breath earlier.

For what I have and the power I make I love the P1SC and I have a lot of power left on the table due to y tune being conservative.

Regardless of which choice you make you will love having a blower.

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Wicked said:
My vote is for the P1SC. The P1SC has a straight cut impeller that makes better low end boost. Better low end boost means better low end torque which make around town driving much more enjoyable.

I bought the 10 psi kit(3.2 pulley) for my GT and actually saw 12psi. I now have the same kit on my Cobra and see 13 psi and make 455/441.

What I love about the P1 is that I see 2-3psi of boost at 2000rpm and ~5 psi of boost at 3000rpm. The helical impeller blowers require higher rpm before they actually start to make boost. A straight cut impeller like the P1 will make better boost at low rpms. Of course the straight cut impeller blower will run out of breath earlier.

For what I have and the power I make I love the P1SC and I have a lot of power left on the table due to y tune being conservative.

Regardless of which choice you make you will love having a blower.
This is by far the better if your comparing the two, the p1sc is a really nice blower. As described in the above comments. A very nice upgrade to the P1sc is the P1SC-2. It makes power faster then the p1sc-1 because of the centrifigal blade design.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
a couple of guys at mustangworld.com said to stay away from procharger and to get a novi 2000. what cha guys think about that??? :shrug:

Wicked

Established Member
dteal23 said:
a couple of guys at mustangworld.com said to stay away from procharger and to get a novi 2000. what cha guys think about that??? :shrug:

I think most people are thinking about leak problems that ATI Procharger had a while back. The problem isn't a big problem anymore.

The Novi 2000 is a much bigger blower and would be barely breathing at an 8 psi level. It probably would not make much boost at all at low rpms. If you were going to run 12 psi or more the Novi would definitely be the blower for you. The Novi 2000 will do what you want it to, it just want have the low end balls that the P1 will give you in my opinion.

cKjuiced, I think you meant that the P1SC-2 actually has a helical impeller(in betweem the straight cut P1 and the helical D1) and will make better top end boost and be more efficient at higher boost levels.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
well since i don't have a procharger i'll say go with the vortech. Have put mine threw hell and back and this thing is still running strong. It's actually 4 years old and not one thing has gone wrong (knock on wood). Pushed it at 8psi for many years..than went to 14 with my built motor. Still going strong.

guarnibl

Established Member
Did you guys put them on yourself? The instruction manual is a giant piece of crap for the prochargers and we had to fabricate our own parts for brackets, bolts, do a lot of trimming on the tubing, and a bunch of other stuff... overall it took us about 40 hours of work to entirely do the project which included other things such as injectors, kenne bell boost a pump, snow performance methanol injection kit, etc.

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
guarnibl said:
Did you guys put them on yourself? The instruction manual is a giant piece of crap for the prochargers and we had to fabricate our own parts for brackets, bolts, do a lot of trimming on the tubing, and a bunch of other stuff... overall it took us about 40 hours of work to entirely do the project which included other things such as injectors, kenne bell boost a pump, snow performance methanol injection kit, etc.
Took about 8 hours. You should have gotten everything you need in the kit right along with the wire ties.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
S is louder and the SQ stands for "super quiet"..believe me you can barely hear that thing at idle if your not pushing it past 8 psi. If you want people to know you have one...go procharger or S trim..but if you want to be a little sneaky...get the SQ-trim by Vortech.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
S is louder and the SQ stands for "super quiet"..believe me you can barely hear that thing at idle if your not pushing it past 8 psi. If you want people to know you have one...go procharger or S trim..but if you want to be a little sneaky...get the SQ-trim by Vortech.

performance wise its the same then

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Hehehe be sneaky with the sq trim with the air to water after cooler, that's what I have. Many unsuspecting victims that pull up next to me have no clue they're messing around with a 490hp Mach!

Users who are viewing this thread