2v new edge vs 06 s2000

BawseOG

Established Member
So I've had my 2v new edge for about 8 months and haven't really had the chance to line up against anything until yesterday. I ran a friend's s2000 the newer one with the 2.2 motor. He has race header with cat delete stock exhaust and cold air intake. my 2v has o/r x pipe flowmasters and a diablo predator canned tune. I had a passenger and he was solo and from a 40 roll I pulled about 2 cars on him and kept pulling till I let off mid way thru 3Rd. I know it's only a 4 banger but my stang impressed me. Before I got the 2v I had a 06 rsx type s and he used to pull about 3 cars on me so I'm feeling good about this one. To be honest the 2v felt weak but it runs better than it seems. I wanna get intake plenum and throttle body next and hit it with a 100 shot.... I wanna go hunting for all these new turbo cars out there that think they fast.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill. Yea motor to motor you're gonna beat an S2000 or rsx. As we all know their are faster ones but hey its all apart of the game. Have fun out there

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kill. I ran one at the track in the Mach 1 with my stock gears. He had radials and I was on street tires. He was revving the piss out of it to intimidate me. He jumped me off the line and I spun. I reeled him in and killed him. Felt good :burn:

Mach 1 vs S2000 - YouTube

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
do the trickflow plenum and tb, trickflow is the way to go on the 2 valves only way to make them fast, finally trickflow started making the heads, cam intakes etc for the 2 valve cars, I run trickflow heads intake on my pushrod 95 5.0 and loveit! if you look @ any of the fast 2 valves besides the obvious ones with blowers/ turbos, the fastest 2 valve cars are ones with trickflow heads, or cams and trickflow plenums etc.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
You might want to look into gears as well. Best way to drop a few tenths. Check out the install vid in my sig:rockon:

BawseOG

Established Member
Thanks for replies. .. that's a nice run with the mach1... Yeah gears will get it going but i like the long gears i just need more power to pull thru them lol. I would love to pull to the top of 4th on boost with the stock gears. 140 mph range :eek:...you are right ap1 is f20 and ap2 is f22. I used to beat ap1 in my rsx and lose to ap2... so I'm happy the 2v pulled on the ap2. I would have pulled even more if i was riding solo. A bit of topic but I'll ask either way cause i haven't found an answer my 2v has 130, 000 miles I bought it with 110, 000 so i don't know what was done to it previously but I wanna know if its a good idea to change out the transmission and differential fluid because a Ford tech said that how it has too many miles that it's not recommended because of too much metal shavings but that doesn't seem right to me. Can some one educate me? It has a tr3650 by the way

Last edited:

confused

Closet Mopar guy
Established Member
On an auto tranny I might agree with you.Diff and manual trans why wouldn't you change it?Too many metal shavings?Lets keep them in there now THAT is a good idea.

BawseOG

Established Member
Thanks for advice guys. So I googled what to tranny oil to use and came up with Mobil 1 atf. Is that the best choice? Also if that's for the tranny what goes in the differential?

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Nice run, I used to have an RSX and prefer the RSX heated leather seats and upgraded interior over the Mustang's, but the power advantage goes strongly to the Ford :)

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Thanks for advice guys. So I googled what to tranny oil to use and came up with Mobil 1 atf. Is that the best choice? Also if that's for the tranny what goes in the differential?

If you're GT is 2001 and a half -2004 it will have the TR3650 transmission, which YES requires Full synthetic Mobil 1 ATF. The recall/ TSB says to underflll the transmission with 3.2 quarts instead of its 4 quart capacity. I did 3.5 quarts. (Mach 1 has the same transmission). Some people substitute a quart or so with LUCUS trans fix, but it just turned to gummy bears in my transmission and wouldn't shift right until I did straight Mobil 1 ATF. My tranny was rebuilt though, so its always been stubborn

Users who are viewing this thread