2V GT takes down new 5.0!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
That's what he told me with mine. Haven't been able to use it to much yet though.

Mines been in the car for 6k miles now, and it is just an awesome trans all the way around. Mine makes a little whining noise in 1st through 3rd, which he said is likely due to the brand new countershaft and used 3-4 syncro assembly just having slightly different wear patterns. It shifts smooth as butter, but I had him do everything to mine when he had it, its the full street/strip package. Unfortunately the only thing available at the time was a used 3/4 assembly, everything else is brand new inside it at the beginning of this year.

Zemedici

Established Member
I guess he didn't want to take a guess at what his car would run in a 1/4 mile. Like I said he was really being a prick early on lol

oh because estimating is extremely difficult to do...ha kid does sound like a douchebag that doesnt know much about cars. Glad you drug his ass.

Great runs OP!!!

:dw:

Everything alright there old sport? You got that confused look on your face again.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car is sex on wheels man. Although im not a fan of the hood, everything else is just ****ing spot on! My 2v looked gery much like yours, lol.

That stance, them wheels.... "Skeet skeet skeet..!!"

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
oh because estimating is extremely difficult to do...ha kid does sound like a douchebag that doesnt know much about cars. Glad you drug his ass.

Everything alright there old sport? You got that confused look on your face again.

It was good to shut someone up that had mouthed off, now my car just needs more! Having a 2v, stuff like this is a huge victory, a lot of people just count them out.

And he always has that look on his face, after all he drives a dodge :D haha! Just kidding man!

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Your car is sex on wheels man. Although im not a fan of the hood, everything else is just ****ing spot on! My 2v looked gery much like yours, lol.

That stance, them wheels.... "Skeet skeet skeet..!!"

After having a GT hood, 99/01 cobra hood, and an 03/04 hood I was just bored with them and wanted something that would drastically change the look of the car. So I opted for that 4" cowl, it is a bit over the top but I really like the way it looks on the car.

But thanks man! What do you miss about you GT that the C5Z doesn't bring to the table?

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
It was good to shut someone up that had mouthed off, now my car just needs more! Having a 2v, stuff like this is a huge victory, a lot of people just count them out.

And he always has that look on his face, after all he drives a dodge :D haha! Just kidding man!

AHAHHAHAAHAH

Yeah man, car's definitely a sleeper. Rolls out for sure!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Very nice kills and your car looks great OP! I love the hood.

I gotta say the 5.0 hung in there very well. Impressive for NA.

Oh and you will love a C5Z. Great car too.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
After having a GT hood, 99/01 cobra hood, and an 03/04 hood I was just bored with them and wanted something that would drastically change the look of the car. So I opted for that 4" cowl, it is a bit over the top but I really like the way it looks on the car.

But thanks man! What do you miss about you GT that the C5Z doesn't bring to the table?

I hear you man, the hood is definitely over the top and an attention grabber. We all have different tastes, if we didnt, the hobby would be boring.

My c5z06 is long gone but it was a hell of a machine for the money. Felt like a big go kart. It was in every way, shape and form a far superior car than my gt. I had "withdrawals" from trading my gt for it because i had a lot of sentimental attachement to that gt (it was my first hot rod) and it didnt help that i gave away my gt on trade in when buying the z06.

The only thing i can say that i missed vs the z06 was the back seats and how cheap everything was for it.

Here is a pic of it:

IMG_2583.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Very nice kills and your car looks great OP! I love the hood.

I gotta say the 5.0 hung in there very well. Impressive for NA.

Oh and you will love a C5Z. Great car too.

The 5.0's are so stout, it's really cool to see what technology has done for cars!

I hear you man, the hood is definitely over the top and an attention grabber. We all have different tastes, if we didnt, the hobby would be boring.

My c5z06 is long gone but it was a hell of a machine for the money. Felt like a big go kart. It was in every way, shape and form a far superior car than my gt. I had "withdrawals" from trading my gt for it because i had a lot of sentimental attachement to that gt (it was my first hot rod) and it didnt help that i gave away my gt on trade in when buying the z06.

The only thing i can say that i missed vs the z06 was the back seats and how cheap everything was for it.

That is how I am with this GT, so much time, money and learning I've done with this car I'll never be able to let it go. When I started with this car I had no idea how to do a lot of the work I've did, so it's been a great teacher. I plan to hang on to it forever, since it was the first car I ever really did anything with.

I just hope by the time I have the money to get a C5Z they aren't all worn out and ragged out. Always loved the styling, and I'd love to just have a H/C/I Z as a sunday cruiser/ show car.

BTW your old GT looked great, the one downfall of the Tork Tech kit is you can no longer use the factory GT hood because the snout of the blower is moved forward and would contact the hood. That is by far my favorite hood, I just can't have one sadly.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The 5.0's are so stout, it's really cool to see what technology has done for cars!

That is how I am with this GT, so much time, money and learning I've done with this car I'll never be able to let it go. When I started with this car I had no idea how to do a lot of the work I've did, so it's been a great teacher. I plan to hang on to it forever, since it was the first car I ever really did anything with.

I just hope by the time I have the money to get a C5Z they aren't all worn out and ragged out. Always loved the styling, and I'd love to just have a H/C/I Z as a sunday cruiser/ show car.

BTW your old GT looked great, the one downfall of the Tork Tech kit is you can no longer use the factory GT hood because the snout of the blower is moved forward and would contact the hood. That is by far my favorite hood, I just can't have one sadly.

What if you were to cut where the snout would poke through and cover that with a scoop (making it flow with the lines of the hood)?

I love how you kept the gt badges as well. Any pics of the motor?

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
What if you were to cut where the snout would poke through and cover that with a scoop (making it flow with the lines of the hood)?

I love how you kept the gt badges as well. Any pics of the motor?

Years ago Tork Tech used to sell an extended hood scoop so you could do just that, but I guess they looked kind of silly, and they did't sell very many of them so they discontinued them. And oh yeah, I can't stand it when people put cobra badges on a GT. I don't care how much is done to it, deep down it will always be a GT.

Picture is a little fuzzy..

photo-62.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Years ago Tork Tech used to sell an extended hood scoop so you could do just that, but I guess they looked kind of silly, and they did't sell very many of them so they discontinued them. And oh yeah, I can't stand it when people put cobra badges on a GT. I don't care how much is done to it, deep down it will always be a GT.

Picture is a little fuzzy..

photo-62.jpg

Gorgeous engine man, love the car, definitely a keeper.

I wonder if a replica 2000R hood would clear....

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Gorgeous engine man, love the car, definitely a keeper.

I wonder if a replica 2000R hood would clear....

I believe any hood other than the GT hood clears since the GT style hood has that indention right there in the middle of the hood where you really need the clearance. I've got some more big power plans for the car though, when I do that I plan to shave and tuck everything under the hood. Just tried to make it look as good as I could with what I was working with for the moment.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe any hood other than the GT hood clears since the GT style hood has that indention right there in the middle of the hood where you really need the clearance. I've got some more big power plans for the car though, when I do that I plan to shave and tuck everything under the hood. Just tried to make it look as good as I could with what I was working with for the moment.

:rockon:

sonicobra500

Established Member
Wow OP!!!!! I LOVE YOUR GT!!!! One of the cleanest ones I've seen and nice kills BTW!!!! Glad you run the GT proudly!!!!! Great sounding blower whine too!!!:coolman::rockon:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

go f1a please lol

Users who are viewing this thread