2pc lightweight front rotors for GT500 14"

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ROTORS ARE SOLD****

I have an extra pair of Coleman manufactured 2pc rotors with aluminum hats. Here are some photos of the final product:

faceet9.jpg

Backside:

backmh7.jpg

Weight:

wt2pcjq2.jpg

Photo of pair:

gt5002pcrotorsio2.jpg

Weight of OEM rotor:

oemgt500rotorwtny5.jpg

The rotors are clear Zincdichromate plated to insure they don't rust terribly. This ran an additional $25.00 per rotor. The hats are Hardcoated which will assure a long life. Hardcoat is about 62 Rockwell on the "C" Scale. It will laugh at a file!

These rotors will save 7.12# per side. That's a total of 14.24#. Keep in mind, this is the second most important weight on a car next to rotating mass. This is front, unsprung, parasitic rotating mass. If you're running 10.10's, you can run 9's with these rotors. If you're running 11.10's, you can run 10's with these rotors. If you're running 12.10's you can run 11's.

The hardcoating process to the hats ran $25.00 each. They were able to coat the bores of the screw holes which means they will be extra hard and will resist wear in that area.

gt500rotornowheelbq9.jpg

I was able to avoid incoming freight on these parts because my Bro-in-law picked them up for me. I will also be willing to absorb the outbound freight at a final price of $750.00 (reduced from $800.00) per set just to move them as they are tying up my track funds. I'm going to keep one pair so that means only one pair is available. This is way less than any 2 pc rotor set you will find on the open market for this car. Something like this runs WELL over $1,000.00 for the pair. :idea:

If there is no interest on this board, I will put them up on ebay and get them gone. I seriously thought the drag racers would go bonkers over these things seeing the front end of these cars are so damn heavy!!? And as a bonus, you can reduce unsprung rotating mass by over 14 pounds! They would be perfect for drag racing. Or simply street bling (albeit expensive) for that matter. They just do not have the mass required for the rigors of road racing on a heavy car like a GT500. I would not be real comfortable selling them for road racing use. Unless your home track is easy on brakes?? :read:

Drop me a PM if you're interested?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Update here guys. I know it's not a biggie but I originally had the OEM rotor weight at just under 25# but that was actually a rotor that had been used for two days on track. It was underweight. The actual rotor weight can now be seen in the edited post above at 25.32#.

This now translates to a weight savings of 7.12# per rotor or 14.24# total.

Just thought I'd update. These are still for sale. Some drag racer that wants to shed over 14# of rotating unsprung mass off the heavy front end of this car should jump on a set of these! :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread