2nd Run: Out-The-Door Prices?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I picked up my '03 Cobra coupe for $41, 770.71 out-the-door. Galpin Ford, North Hills, CA. Too high? Way too high? About right?

cubes

Established Member
There was a poll a few months ago and most buyers got their first run cars for MSRP. If you enjoy the car then it doesn't matter.
You can't compare out the door prices because taxes are different state to state.

Last edited:

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by SonterraSVT
was that msrp, if so i got mine for 34,750.00

Same here, but, out the door means: tax, title, and all the other nickle and dime bullshyt you have to pay :)

Orange Poison

Established Member
Buying from Galpin

Hi OX03,

I bought mine from Galpin, my Cobra came in around 9/25/02 and I paid exactly $39,027 out-the-door. Although the car came with their aftermarket security system and lojack.

That was the deal, so I really got my car at MSRP taking out the security system and Lojack.

I don't think I will buy from them again, first of all, it's too damn far and 2nd) they kept dicking me around all the time about marking me up 2-3K....

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Trader is right.

If I look at what I paid for the car, compared to what I will eventually sell the car for, I would cry. I say, "drive it and enjoy it".

BBriBro

Established Member
I started a post about a week ago about a price increase. I checked edmunds.com and their numbers had changed, no one cared to comment, but when I ordered mine on 10-24-02, It was confirmed, the price was higher. The dealer didn't even know, he was using an invoice from a car he sold last month to do the negotiating, I told him to get the invoice for the car we were talking about, even though it was only a month difference. He was shocked that the numbers were different. MSRP is now $34,925 vs. $34,750 and the X plan price is now $32,605 vs. $32,445

Last edited:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
BBriBro-

Were you able to get the car on X-plan ?? One of my friends has been trying to get a dealer to bite on X-Plan but no takers yet.

I got mine (when it comes in ) on A-Plan $31,052.67....

Are you working with a Cinti area dealer ??

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I got my contract at 32,500 no plan or anything, just hard negotiating and prob pissed off a few salesmen.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra 2997
BBriBro-

Were you able to get the car on X-plan ??

Sort of, X-plan + $500 (to offset the cost of being an SVT dealer) that was their logic, but regardless, I got a better deal than many, so I am happy. I didn't want to search for ever and then not get any at all. But I called about 30 dealers over the last 3 months ( I was willing to travel to get the car) I ended up buying at Woody Sander.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
RedHotSnke, got mine with the LoJack and UltraGuard too. They would not budge on the 2K markup. Galpin is ~35 miles from where I am. But 10/101 to 405 is a terror. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread